Looking for more information? Browse our FAQs below!
Q: What are the typical steps in the ALDI interview process?
A: The interview process varies based on the type of department and team. To learn more about the interview & hiring process for our store, warehouse and office positions, please visit our Interview & Hiring Process page.
Q: What do I do if I require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a medical condition or disability?
A: If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment application process, please contact us at: Accessibility@aldi.us and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Q: Do I need to bring a printed version of my resume to my interview?
A: While bringing a resume is not a requirement, it is recommended if you are able to do so.
Q: I can't attend or need to reschedule my Interview Event - what do I do?
A: If you are unable to attend an Interview Event (but are still interested in interviewing with ALDI), we recommend that you reply to the text message invite with “unavailable” and future dates & times that work best for you. This information will be shared with the on-site Hiring Manager and you may receive an invitation to a different event date or contacted directly if the position remains available. Please note that an interview is required to be considered for any position, if unable to attend the interview we cannot guarantee the position will remain open.
Q: I confirmed my Interview Event time via text message, but have not heard back - what do I do?
A: All text messages with confirmed interview times are automatically recorded. We look forward to seeing you at the Interview Event!
Q: Around how many interviews will it take for a potential job offer?
A: Depending on the department and team, the amount of interviews a candidate is expected to undergo varies. Please visit our Interview & Hiring Process page for more information.
Q: Do you have any tips for potential candidates?
A: Prior to an interview, ALDI advises candidates to:
- Do research - Make sure you understand the employer and the job requirements.
- Arrive early - Try to arrive 5-10 minutes before your scheduled interview to allow yourself time to get settled.
- Come prepared - Research common interview questions and brainstorm your answers. Prepare questions for your interviewer to show you are interested in the position. If able, bring extra copies of your resume and a pen & paper to take notes.
- Follow up - Kindly follow up with your interviewer(s) by sending a thank you email or handwritten note, thanking them for their time and expressing your interest in the position.
Q: How soon can I expect to receive feedback after my interview?
A: Candidates who interview with ALDI can expect to receive feedback from the Hiring Manager within 2 weeks of their interview.
Q: What should I bring to my interview?
A: It is recommended that you come prepared to your interview with printed copies of your resume, business cards, a pen, notepad and a list of questions for you to ask your interviewer. Most importantly, make sure to research the company beforehand. To prepare accordingly, click here to learn more about ALDI.
Q: What should I wear to an interview event?
A: Candidates are encouraged to wear neat, clean and comfortable casual clothing to an Interview Event.
Q: Are there any job openings at ALDI?
A: Yes! With more than 2,100 stores, ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. With available positions ranging from warehouse to office, there’s always opportunity for more with ALDI! You can search and view current job openings here.
Q: Where/how can I submit my resume?
A: Looking to apply for a job with ALDI? You can submit your application for a specific position online at careers.aldi.us! You can view all available job opportunities here. To apply, visit the job posting you are interested in and click “Apply Now”.
Q: How can I confirm ALDI received my application?
A: All ALDI applicants will receive an email confirmation once an application has been submitted online through careers.aldi.us. After submitting an application, we recommend that you keep an eye on your inbox for important email notifications regarding you application status and next steps (please be sure to check your spam and junk folders).
You can view your application status anytime by logging in here: https://bit.ly/2JLkESO.
Q: Where can I find the status of my application?
A: You can click here to log in to your account to view your application status: https://bit.ly/2JLkESO. Please keep in mind that candidates should expect an update within 2 weeks, but this could vary based on the volume of applications submitted. If the status of your application is listed as "In Progress", this means that your application is currently under review.
Please note that while your application is being reviewed, you will not be able to follow-up with a Hiring Manager directly.
Q: How can I update/edit my application?
A: You can click here to log in to your account to update your resume or application: https://bit.ly/2JLkESO.
Q: I want to apply for a specific store, but they are not hiring right now. Can I sign up for job alerts?
A: Yes - to sign up for job alerts for a specific position, visit the job posting you are interested in and click “Sign Up for Job Alerts”. You will then be required to input your contact information, including your name and email address.
Q: How do I sign up for job alerts?
A: To sign up for job alerts, please visit the job posting you are interested in and click “Sign Up for Job Alerts”. You will then be required to input your contact information, including your name and email address. You will be alerted once the position becomes available.
Q: Why must you be at least 18 years old to work at ALDI?
A: ALDI has made the decision that employees must be 18 years of age to work at ALDI. We are aware that state laws may vary, with respect to requirements for workers under 18 years of age, but ALDI has decided to adopt a simple rule that requires employees to be 18 years of age or older.
Q: I’ve already applied multiple times for a job and have heard nothing back. Why?
A: Our hiring process can be competitive based on the amount of applications we receive and number of positions available. Applicants that are chosen to move forward in the process are notified within two weeks of submitting an application online. In addition, all applicants are encouraged to keep an eye on their email inboxes and/or text message notifications, as they will receive important notifications from ALDI regarding their application status and next steps. Good luck!
If you are interested in signing up for job alerts or applying for other positions with ALDI, please click here.
Q: What’s it like to work at ALDI?
A: To learn more about the work environment and culture at ALDI, click here to view video testimonials from real ALDI employees!
Q: What jobs are available at ALDI?
A: With available positions ranging from warehouse to office, there’s always opportunity for more with ALDI! Click here to find a career path that interests you in the following departments: Store, Warehouse, IT, National Services & Divisional office.
Q: What departments make up ALDI?
A: ALDI National Services is comprised of 5 main departments: National Buying Services, National Customer Interaction Services, National Supply Chain Management Services, National Finance & Administration Services and National Information Technology Services. We also have a National Real Estate Services team.
Q: What hours are employees expected to work?
A: ALDI hires full-time and part-time positions, but hours may vary by position and department. Please talk to the Hiring Manager of the position for which you applied for full details.
Q: Does ALDI offer any employee benefits?
Click here to learn more about the benefits offered for specific positions.
Q: How do I know if I am eligible to receive benefits?
A: Here at ALDI, all Full-Time employees who work 30+ hours per week are eligible to receive our comprehensive benefits package. This is inclusive of medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage, as well as short & long-term disability, life, dependent life and AD&D insurance, and voluntary term life insurance.
Q: Does ALDI offer its employees a retirement savings plan?
A: Yes - all employees are automatically enrolled in the 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan unless they choose otherwise. ALDI matches your contributions dollar for dollar up to 5% and the matching contributions are 100% vested after 6 years.
Q: In addition to the general benefits package (medical, dental & vision), does ALDI have anything else to offer?
A: Here at ALDI, our benefits go above and beyond what you’ll find at other companies. In addition to our general benefit offerings, ALDI also offers eligible employees access to services such as prescription coverage & home delivery, MD Live Program and Cigna Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Babies. All employees have access to a Retirement Savings Plan, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), PerkSpot, SmartDollar Financial Wellness Program and a tobacco cessation program. For further details on these programs & services, please visit the “Benefits Highlights” section on our Benefits page.
Q: What types of ALDI positions receive benefits?
A: All Full-Time employees who work 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in & receive ALDI benefits. This includes Full-Time store, warehouse, office and IT positions.
Q: After I start working at ALDI, is it optional or mandatory to enroll in the benefits program?
A: After you become employed with ALDI, enrolling to receive benefits is completely optional. If you initially decide to opt out of receiving benefits, you can always sign-up during open enrollment to receive benefits the following calendar year as long as you remain benefits eligible.
Q: I just got hired and I have a question about ALDI benefits. Who do I reach out to?
A: If you have a question about ALDI’s benefit offerings, please reach out to your Direct Leader for guidance.
Q: What is our stance on diversity?
A: At ALDI, we believe that understanding, respecting, and valuing the uniqueness of our people and customers makes us stronger. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive culture that values diversity in all its forms. Our core value of ‘responsibility’ ensures that we treat our people, customers and partners fairly, in the pursuit of our core purpose. As a global retailer, we strive to represent and serve the needs of the communities we operate in and improve the world we live in.
We are proud to be recognized as a top employer by the Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network as well as a Best Large Employer for Women by Forbes.
Q: How have we shown our commitment to diversity?
A: Diversity and Inclusion has always been a guiding principle at our company. Here are just a few of the ways we’re currently committed to diversity in employment:
- Proud supporter of the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) for over 25 years
- Partner with INROADS, the largest non-profit provider of paid internships in America, for over 20 years resulting in more than 170 job offers
- Recruit from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU)
- Established partnerships with diversity recruiters
- Hosted diversity training entitled “Expanding our Picture of Diversity at ALDI” for District Managers attending the annual ALDI seminar
- All District Managers participate in a training workshop to ensure our leadership is consistently managing within the law
- Attended diverse career fairs and conferences such as National Society of Hispanic MBAs (now Prospanica), National Black MBA Association, National Urban League and Alpha Kappa Alpha (AKA) Sorority’s Career Fair
- Created a "Diversity Resource Library" to improve communication, inclusive leadership and team building
Q: How are we increasing our diversity and inclusion efforts?
A: We all have a responsibility to look in the mirror and do more to be inclusive and promote racial equality. We are committing to change. We are developing ways to facilitate trainings on the importance of diversity at ALDI, ensuring our offices, warehouses and stores are inclusive and respectful to all. As part of these efforts, we are enhancing recruitment and development for minority employees. We will continue supporting communities of color across the country and are exploring other ways to make an additional impact.
- DE&I Steering Committee: We have assembled an internal, cross-departmental Steering Committee dedicated to guiding our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion priorities, and establishing our long-term strategic roadmap. Our focus areas: 1) Conversations and training on the importance of DE&I 2) A work environment that is inclusive and respectful to all 3) Recruitment and development efforts for minority employees and 4) Community support for those that need it most
- Unconscious Bias Training: ALDI is committed to training and developing current employees to enhance the awareness of unconscious biases and other DE&I barriers in our working environment. In support of our commitment, the following training & development efforts were implemented: 1) Rolled out live, virtual Unconscious Bias training for executive leadership - the training is designed to assist leaders with identifying bias, cultivating connection and choosing courage within the ALDI community
- Anti-Harassment Policy Updates: ALDI is committed to supporting the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain and hold employment without being subject to discrimination or harassment in the workplace. ALDI is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free of discrimination or harassment of any kind. We revised the Policy Against Discrimination, Harassment and Sexual Harassment to clearly state that ALDI will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of its employees by anyone, including customers or third party vendors.
- Five year Racial Equity Fund: ALDI is committed to increasing the focus of diversity and inclusion in corporate responsibility programs through employee volunteering, donations, new partnerships and a supplier diversity platform. In support of our commitment, the following corporate responsibility initiatives were implemented: 1) Committed to a 5 year, $5.5M Racial Equity Fund for our Community Donations. ALDI has given $1M to National Urban League and $100K to My Block, My Hood, My City and 2) Donated $2.2M to food insecurity initiatives in 2020: No Kid Hungry - $1M; Feeding America - $500K; Action for Healthy Kids - $450K; Meals on Wheels - $250K.
- ALDI Smart Kids Divisional Program: Integrate DE&I focus with the ALDI Smart Kids divisional donation budget to encourage partnership with DE&I focused organizations.
- Cultural Celebrations and Holidays Acknowledgements: To continue fostering an inclusive environment, we have started acknowledging cultural celebrations and holidays. Our communications promotes awareness and provides education.
Q: How are we evolving our recruitment strategies and community involvement?
A: Our goal is to further diversify our workforce and to impact the communities that we serve. To reach these goals, we are…
- Intensifying our focus on recruitment strategies that emphasize the importance of diverse hiring
- Identifying new community organizations so that we can provide even more philanthropic aid to at-risk, minority communities
Q: Where can I find an ALDI store near me?
A: With more than 2,100 stores spanning across 38 states in the U.S., there is bound to be an ALDI store near you! You can search for your nearest ALDI store here.
Q: How many stores does ALDI operate in the U.S.?
A: Today, we operate more than 2,100 stores in 38 states, and we’re still growing. ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. By then, we will help as many as 100 million people save money on groceries every month. You can learn more about our company’s expansion here.
Q: Is ALDI on social media?
Q: Has ALDI won any awards?
A: Yes - ALDI is always stocking their shelves with awards! From “employer of choice” awards to product awards, ALDI is often nominated and acknowledged for award wins both regionally and nationally. You can take a look at our impressive awards portfolio here.
Q: Does ALDI have any corporate responsibility initiatives?
A: Yes - here at ALDI, our business model is simple: great quality at the best price, fair and honest product offerings and efficient business processes. As a reliable partner, we are true to our word. In all we do, we assume responsibility towards our customers, business partners, employees, the community and the environment. Our Corporate Responsibility (CR) Principles summarize our commitments to people and the planet. They guide all of us in our day-to-day actions and are a strict requirement of our business partners. Click here to learn more about our CR Principles and initiatives.