Diversity Strengthens Us
At ALDI, we believe that understanding, respecting and valuing the uniqueness of our people and customers makes us stronger. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive culture that values diversity in all its forms. Our core value of 'responsibility' ensures that we treat our people, customers and partners fairly, in the pursuit of our core purpose. As a global retailer, we strive to represent and serve the needs of the communities we operate in and improve the world we live in.
Our DE&I Efforts
Diversity & inclusion has always been a guiding principle at our company. Here are just a few of the ways we’re currently committed to diversity in employment:
- Proud supporter of the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) for over 25 years
- Partner with INROADS, the largest non-profit provider of paid internships in America, for over 20 years resulting in more than 170 job offers
- Attended diverse career fairs and conferences such as Prospanica, National Black MBA Association, National Urban League and Alpha Kappa Alpha (AKA) Sorority’s Career Fair
- Hosted diversity training entitled “Expanding our Picture of Diversity at ALDI” for District Managers attending the annual ALDI seminar
- Established partnerships with diversity recruiters
We all have a responsibility to look in the mirror and do more to be inclusive and promote racial equality. We are committing to change. We are developing ways to facilitate trainings on the importance of diversity at ALDI, ensuring our offices, warehouses and stores are inclusive and respectful to all. As part of these efforts, we are enhancing recruitment and development for minority employees. We will continue supporting communities of color across the country and are exploring other ways to make an additional impact.
From “employer of choice” awards to product awards, ALDI continues to be recognized year after year. We hire the best talent to bring the best products to our customers every day. And a career at ALDI lets our employees collaborate and succeed while knowing that they have the support and stability of an international organization behind them. It's that kind of support that has earned us key recognition as an employer of choice, including a spot on Forbes' lists of America's Best Large Employers, Best Employer for New Grads and Best Employer for Women. In addition, for the past 6 years, we're especially proud to have been named a National Top Workplace by Energage, and to have been recognized as a top diversity employer by the Black EOE Journal and Hispanic Network Magazine.
View a complete list of our employer awards.
Women Who Excel
Here at ALDI, women hold over half of all manager & executive leadership roles. We're shining a special spotlight on our hardworking female employees.
Military & Veterans
ALDI is a proud supporter of current U.S. military personnel, veterans & their families.
National & Local Partnerships
ALDI is committed to increasing the focus of diversity & inclusion in CR programs through employee volunteering, donations, new partnerships and a supplier diversity platform. In support of our commitment, the following initiatives were implemented:
- Committed to a 5 year Racial Equity Fund for our community donations - National Urban League and My Block, My Hood, My City
- Donated to food insecurity initiatives in 2020: No Kid Hungry, Feeding America, Action for Healthy Kids and Meals on Wheels
- Integrated a DE&I focus with the ALDI Smart Kids divisional donation budget to encourage partnership with DE&I focused organizations
Monthly DE&I Spotlight
In June, we celebrate Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer+ Pride Month, also known as Pride Month. It’s a time to recognize the impact that LGBTQ+ individuals, advocates and allies have on history in the world. LGBTQ+ Pride Month has blossomed into an international effort to highlight the LGBTQ+ community. The movement represents achieving equal justice and opportunity for LGBTQ+ members.
Whether you’re a member of the LGBTQ+ community, consider yourself an ally or want to learn more, check out ways to get involved / celebrate Pride this month:
Educate to become an ally. Regardless of your sexual orientation and gender identity, you can be an ally to the LGBTQ+ community. An ally is someone who helps and supports the inclusion of people, groups and identities through their behaviors and actions, although they themselves may not be a member of that group. Check out The Trevor Project’s Guide to Being an Ally to Transgender and Nonbinary Youth.
Learn the history. From the first gay rights organization in 1924 to expanded gender markers on U.S. passports, discover these LGBTQ+ milestones in our country.
Support LGBTQ-owned businesses. Our country has an approximate 1.4 million LGBTQ-operated companies per the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce. Find one in your neighborhood today!
Attend a Pride parade or event. Find a local Pride parade to celebrate in person or join #prideforeveryone: a global Pride parade using 360° cameras! In partnership with LGBTQ+ communities around the world, Google is inviting those who can’t attend an in-person march to celebrate virtually.
At ALDI, we encourage you to be authentically you. Check out the below resources and support for LGBTQ+ community members:
- Cigna LGBTQ+ Health: Find supportive resources for LGBTQ+ healthcare.
- Employee Assistance Program: Get dedicated assistance from a licensed EAP clinician to support you with counseling on a range of topics, like coming out.
- The Trevor Project: The Trevor Project, the world’s largest organization providing suicide prevention and crisis intervention services to LGBTQ+ youth (ages 13-24), runs the nation’s only 24-hour suicide prevention helpline for LGBTQ+ and questioning young people: 1-866-488-7386.