Manager Corporate Responsibility - Sustainable Sourcing
1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
Have a passion for doing what’s right? So do we. Because we don’t just keep our prices low. We’re also using our innovations to lessen the impact of our practices. In the past couple of years, we’ve sponsored health and wellness programs, embraced solar power and so much more. On our Corporate Responsibility team, it’s as much about protecting our planet as it is our people – and your work will help do just that.
In this role the Manager Corporate Responsibility - Sustainable Sourcing will be responsible for advancing our sustainable sourcing commitments within a range of resources including coffee, cocoa, seafood and several others. In addition, the manager will oversee the progression and implementation of the animal welfare strategy. The manager will work with suppliers, buyers, and industry groups to ensure our goals are met. The ideal candidate will have experience working on complex supply chains to advance sustainability topics and have an educational background in environmental sciences or Sustainability.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Batavia, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
• Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
• Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; evaluates performance and achievement of expectations and desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Supports their direct leader with regard to advising the Corporate Responsibility policy of the company, membership in associations, and cooperation with external consultants for their area, as well as in representing the company in associations and initiatives.
• Advises their direct leader with regard to dismissals, transfers, and promotions of direct reports.
• Plans necessary business trips in consultation with their direct leader.
• Advises and provides support to their direct leader on stakeholder engagement and topics for discussion at International Corporate Responsibility meetings.
• Liaises with authorities as required.
• Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
• Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
• Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
• Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Conducts the annual performance reviews with direct reports.
• Analyzes market and societal developments in the Corporate Responsibility area, compiles professional information, and proposes new concepts and fields of action.
• Assists his/her direct leader in generating internal and external reports and communication.
• Assists in monitoring and consolidating national and international Corporate Responsibility reports.
• Participates in International Working Groups and Multi Stakeholder Initiatives as required.
• Ensures department strategies are aligned with company strategies.
• Ensures adherence to all legal requirements, regulations and ordinances in their area of responsibility, and completes necessary training to keep informed on statutory requirements and updates.
• Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
• Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Managing Self: Seeking feedback, reflecting upon personal behaviors and looking for growth opportunities. Displaying composure, resilience and a positive approach to work.
• Communicating with Impact: Communicating clearly and effectively in written, non-verbal and verbal communication to inform, inspire, motivate and influence. Appreciating the importance of listening, empathy and respect.
• Cooperating with Others: Creating and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Actively consulting, managing conflict and appreciating alternative perspectives and cultures.
• Leading People: Fostering a cooperative leadership style that empowers and motivates. Providing clear expectations and direction. Developing people in their roles and supporting future growth.
• Driving Decisions and Results: Showing ownership by making informed decisions, executing efficiently and taking responsibility for results. Pursuing goals and taking initiative. Using market awareness to better meet the customers' needs (internal and external).
• Managing Change: Demonstrating flexibility and embracing changes to adapt to shifting business needs and emerging technologies. Identifying opportunities for business improvements. Effectively implementing changes in alignment with business goals.
• Ability to recommend, interpret, and/or apply company policies and procedures.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
• Conflict management skills.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Environmental Sciences, Sustainability, or a related field required.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in sustainable sourcing topics, Corporate Responsibility and retail operations required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Domestic travel required.
• Up to 10%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Click here to learn more about diversity, equity & inclusion at ALDI
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up