AHEAD Global Business Coordination - Logistics Intern
1245 Corporate Blvd, Aurora, IL, USA, 60505
Skip the coffee runs. Forget hanging out in the copy room. Don't even think about twiddling those thumbs. Here, interns are a pretty big deal. We're in your corner, helping you get where you're going with hands-on projects and real responsibilities. So, when your dream job comes knocking, you'll be ready.
///AHEAD is ALDI’s global IT transformation project in which several software solutions are being rolled out to strengthen business processes across every discipline. ///AHEAD is fundamentally changing the way ALDI operates to realise greater efficiencies. SCM specific solutions being deployed include: SAP TM, Manhattan, Transporeon Freight Procurement, and Coupa.
Summer interns would become part of the global ALDI AHEAD team and focus on a particular project throughout the internship to support ALDI’s goals. The project focus would fit in either Transportation Management or Warehouse Management, and involve learning from and working side by side Process Experts in their area. Past interns have worked on topics such as Telematics, Customs Management, Engineered Labor Standards, and Dock Door Scanning solution presentations to executive leadership.
The internship is also rotational in nature, meaning interns have the opportunity to shadow many different departments (National IT, National Supply Chain, etc) throughout ALDI USA’s operational business.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Aurora, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Strives to be current on industry best practices and shares learnings with the team.
• Participates enthusiastically in training and development opportunities as required.
• Understands overall company strategy and models ALDI core values in daily work.
• Maintains a high level of professionalism by demonstrating excellent attendance, adhering to company guidelines, meeting objectives thoroughly and on time.
• Researches assigned projects independently and presents results to executive team.
• Works closely with members of assigned team to develop subject matter knowledge.
• Attends company/department/team trainings and meetings as appropriate.
• Maintains a high level of professionalism by demonstrating excellent attendance, adhering to company guidelines, meeting objectives thoroughly and on time, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Ability to apply creative solutions.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Knowledge of Supply Chain industry standards and best practices.
• Ability to be an active and contributing member of a large project or initiative.
Education and Experience:
• In current pursuit of an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• No travel required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up