Applications Specialist II - Assortment/Buying Systems
1245 Corporate Blvd, Aurora, IL, USA, 60505
Our National IT Services department supports every part of our organization – from Finance and Project Management to Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and more. Our team of IT managers, analysts, specialists and service desk technicians drive innovation and lend their expertise to our people across the entire company, building careers that are both challenging and rewarding.
In this role as an IT Applications Specialist II, you will work with IT Solutions Analysts and IT Project Managers to develop, maintain, and support technology applications within the National IT Supply Chain team. This team has a focus in the area of assortment including product and supplier lifecycle, tendering and contracting, article creation, listing, pricing and promotions, produce, quality assurance, corporate responsibility, merchandising, analytics, master data, data integration and more. The ideal candidate will provide support for projects and applications including the implementation and support of a global ERP solution, with a focus on SAP systems and data integration. As ALDI continues to improve software systems, it will be vital to rapidly learn and become a subject matter expert with new systems/applications. To be successful in this role, the candidate must have an understanding of supply chain processes, be a self-starter, collaborator and possess strong analytical skills. With this position comes a 6-week training plan and on the job shadowing that will allow you to understand the day-to-day responsibilities.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Aurora, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Notifies team leadership of recurring issues.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Resolves incidents and requests in a timely manner; documents work and resolution steps within service management tool.
• Escalates incidents and requests to appropriate internal personnel or external vendors when further expertise is required.
• Participates in the overall Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) service management processes for software and hardware solutions.
• Assists or coordinates with national and international project delivery, including documentation, testing, training, and deployment for software or hardware solutions.
• Utilizes and maintains advanced technical skills and experience or advanced level of ALDI business expertise to achieve the position objective.
• Adheres to standards, policies, and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Identifies and coordinates the development and implementation of procedures and process improvements across multiple services and/or teams.
• Evaluates current processes, procedures and technology, and reports findings to leadership.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Plans and Prioritizes: Sets priorities and organizes information in order to efficiently and effectively achieve positive results.
• Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Responds to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Where possible, leverages available resources to address situations before they occur.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Ability to understand overall data flow from user specifications considering all input and output, hardware, software and the operating environment.
• Proficient with office productivity software.
• Possess advanced relevant technical skill sets and experience.
• Has expertise in business processes and solutions.
• Knowledge of and ability to identify opportunities for procedures or process improvements.
• Ability to define specifications from user requirements.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge required.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Experience with Product Lifecycle is preferred.
• Knowledge and experience with enterprise software: SAP: S/4 HANA, Ariba, MDG, Data Integration, Informatica P360 is preferred.
• Experience with Produce Tendering Platform (a plus).
• Experience with ServiceNow ticketing system (a plus).
• Experience in Jira and Confluence systems (a plus).
• Experience with SQL (a plus).
• Work may be performed in an office, remote office or a combination of both where a computer and office equipment may be used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• International & Domestic travel required.
• Up to 10%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Click here to learn more about diversity, equity & inclusion at ALDI
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up