Here at ALDI, we believe communication is vital to maintaining the strong internal culture, mission and values we have worked hard to build. As we continue to grow and expand, so does the importance of our internal communications teams within our National Customer Interaction Services department. Responsible for leading the planning, strategy and distribution of internal communications, members of these teams are relied on day in and day out to keep ALDI employees connected and informed of all current company news, initiatives, activities & more. Join our dynamic team today & help keep the communication flowing.
In this role the Customer Interaction Manager will lead Change Management activities across the department, identify areas of opportunity in new processes and propose paths forward, and train and coach teams on new processes. This role builds relationships with global and local stakeholders to drive successful adoption of new ways of working and Agile/Scrum principles. The ideal candidate will have a learning mindset, focused on continuous improvement specifically in the areas of agile methodologies, digital transformation and value realization.
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Strong coaching and development skills to ensure continuous improvement within team and influence stakeholder teams.
• Identify process roadblocks to constantly improve on product delivery, and communication in country and globally.
• Lead communication plans informing the wider business of key product and process updates.
• Ensures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
• Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
• Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to ensure a mutual understanding of desired results; evaluates performance and achievement of expectations and desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, while communicating and modeling the core values of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees
• Collaborates with local and global internal stakeholders to identify new areas of opportunity and solutions to overarching problems.
• Assists the direct leader in developing and recommending initiatives in line with both the national and international Customer Interaction strategy, to develop company sales, increase brand awareness and image and drive customer traffic.
• Communicates relevant customer centric activity data across multiple departments to help drive and develop sales and profitability for the business.
• Consults with the direct leader in matters such as potential amendments to systems and processes with global benefits.
• Acts as the central point of contact for Customer Interaction third parties when appropriate.
• Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
• Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
• Liaises with divisions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
• Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Oversees cross-functional teams and US projects to ensure global and local initiatives are successfully implemented.
• Manages multiple projects by anticipating challenges, troubleshooting problems, proposing solutions, managing quality and ensuring deadline adherence
• Oversees a portfolio of platforms and reports on progress.
• Manages strategic communications to and expectations of internal customers and global partners.
• Oversees demand management.
• Oversees and manages Customer Interaction specific processes and systems.
• Develops and sustains a business culture of efficiency, control and effectiveness across the department.
• Serves as a spokesperson for the company when delegated.
• Ensures all relevant control documents and systems are fully updated.
• Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
• Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Managing Self: Seeking feedback, reflecting upon personal behaviors and looking for growth opportunities. Displaying composure, resilience and a positive approach to work.
• Communicating with Impact: Communicating clearly and effectively in written, non-verbal and verbal communication to inform, inspire, motivate and influence. Appreciating the importance of listening, empathy and respect.
• Cooperating with Others: Creating and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Actively consulting, managing conflict and appreciating alternative perspectives and cultures.
• Leading People: Fostering a cooperative leadership style that empowers and motivates. Providing clear expectations and direction. Developing people in their roles and supporting future growth.
• Driving Decisions and Results: Showing ownership by making informed decisions, executing efficiently and taking responsibility for results. Pursuing goals and taking initiative. Using market awareness to better meet the customers' needs (internal and external).
• Managing Change: Demonstrating flexibility and embracing changes to adapt to shifting business needs and emerging technologies. Identifying opportunities for business improvements. Effectively implementing changes in alignment with business goals.
• Ability to recommend, interpret, and/or apply company policies and procedures.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
• Conflict management skills.
• Understands and is able to participate in agile practice.
• Keeps abreast of industry trends and always has customer experience at the forefront of decision making.
• Understands IT governance, process and tools.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field required.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Customer Interaction and retail operations required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• No travel required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
Click here to learn more about the benefits ALDI has to offer
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Click here to learn more about diversity, equity & inclusion at ALDI