Employee Communications Generalist I
1245 Corporate Blvd, Aurora, IL, USA, 60505
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Makes recommendations on procedural, program and policy changes for ALDI to increase efficiencies.
• Consults with National Committees, Divisional representatives and Corporate Departments regarding communications needs and recommended solutions.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Serves as the subject matter expert for design and/or communications.
• Stays abreast of new and current technology and communication trends to support the overall strategy.
• Rolls out communication, as needed, to team members and divisions.
• Aligns communications, creative concepts and interactive design with the ALDI employer brand.
• Represents the team, as needed, in independent interactions with National Committees, Divisional representatives and Corporate Departments.
• Provides communications project management services to business representatives with limited involvement from their direct leader.
• Liaises with external vendors and holds them accountable, as needed, to fulfill communication needs and requests.
• Assures that required and necessary documentation is completed and properly maintained in order to provide substantiation and assist with future audits.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of HR regulations and keeps knowledge up-to-date through various forms of ongoing training.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Communications, Marketing, or Graphic Design.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Ability to stay organized, and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
- Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.