HRIS Manager - Aurora, IllinoisDate posted 10/30/2018 Apply Now
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your application by clicking Apply. Get started now by downloading and saving our Employment Application.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Establishes efficiencies in program and project design when possible while ensuring company policies and procedures are in compliance.
- Manages configuration, integration, implementation, and support of HCM system and other HR systems.
- Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
- Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
- Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
- Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
- Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
- Assists management with recommendations on financial, fiscal, and human capital management (HCM) matters.
- Maintains strong vendor relationships; ensures adequate internal understanding and documentation of HCM system or other vendor products.
- Represents the department in IT integration projects.
- Manages stakeholder relationships.
- Mentors staff to develop technical and general business skills.
- Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
- Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
- Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
- Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
- Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
- Rollouts communication as needed to team members and divisions regarding HRIS changes/enhancements.
- Understands and defines business requirements and technical specifications; aligns software products with Company needs.
- Works collaboratively with software engineers to build, enhance, and support integrations of HRIS systems with other clients systems.
- Consults with functional leaders in HR to design, develop, and implement technology solutions that increase operational efficiency, maintain compliance, and positively impact customer experience for HR, candidates, employees, managers and business leaders.
- Leads enterprise HRIS projects including project planning, schedule development, configuration, testing, training, and change management.
- Drives implementation of multiple, complex project/program initiatives, working closely with cross-functional teams and resources to achieve multiple program and project milestones within established timeframes.
- Ensures consistent visibility for program and project teams by monitoring and reporting business objectives, program/project achievements, and key indicators.
- Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
- Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Computer Science, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in HRIS and retail operations.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
- Ability to recommend, interpret, and apply company policies and procedures.
- Ability to plan for and use funds to maximize the value of the financial resources of the organization. Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
- Understands cost/benefit analysis.
- Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
- Knowledge of financial analyses strategies and how to effectively apply them in decision making.
- Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
- Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings.
- Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
- Effective organizational and time management skills; maximizes productivity.
- Gives attention to detail.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
- Ability to discern the nature of a computer malfunction (hardware or software), pinpoint the cause and utilize appropriate resources to correct the problem.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.