IT Analyst (RIM - Records & Information Management) - Aurora, IllinoisDate posted 09/19/2017 Apply Now Job ID 10138
IT Analyst (RIM - Records and Information Management)
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your Employment Application by clicking Apply.
As an IT Analyst at ALDI, you will be helping to lead and support a brand new Information Governance Program. The IT Analyst reports to the IT Manager and is responsible managing projects supporting Information Governance and implementing program components (program policies and standards, retention schedule, communications to employees, education and training, compliance and program assessment). The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-starter, team player, and is able to lead projects working across functional teams. As ALDI reviews and improves its information governance standards fostering a compliance culture, you will be responsible for the governance of electronic records, including monitoring of compliance with information governance policies and assisting with the development and implementation of a data retention schedule. Understanding the value of data, as well the policies that support data usage and data repositories, the ideal candidate will need to have experience developing and improving methods of compliance monitoring. It will be necessary for the chosen candidate to have experience creating retention schedules, and ensuring all Governance standards are met, meeting best in class policy standards. As this role will be visible to all business partners, and/or leaders. We are looking for someone that has excellent communication (Verbal and Written), with the ability to present if requested. As an IT Analyst at ALDI supporting information governance, your input, ideas, recommendations, evaluations and improvements will be valued.
- Assists the IT Manager in assuring compliance with established operating policies, procedures and assists the IT Manager with all project management related responsibilities.
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance and application of a comprehensive records retention schedule, updated regularly to reflect changes in regulatory or statutory requirements, legal and tax requirements, operational needs, and the desire to maintain records
- Leads projects, working across functional teams to ensure appropriate governance of information management practices.
- Document and analyze business process to make recommendations to improve process efficiency or reduce costs and/or risks associated with business processes.
- Provide practical recommendations and solutions to complex and/or technical issues that relate to the management of administrative information.
- Monitor the creation, use, transfer and destruction of electronic records to ensure compliance with Information Governance policies and Information Security.
- Assist in developing and improving methods of compliance monitoring across all data repositories.
- Identify and contain risk relating to information management, and foster a compliance culture.
- Provide guidance and training on methods to use software tools.
- Train and support all levels on processes, and technology in place to manage electronic data.
- Work with various IT teams to monitor usage and growth of personal records in data repositories, and integrate recordkeeping requirements with any software applications.
- Partners with various IT teams on any projects related with records and information.
- Ensure consistency in data collection, transfer and destruction procedures.
- Work with various IT teams to ensure proper destruction of electronic records per retention schedules. Responsible for maintaining all process documentation related to these activities.
- Assist in implementing information security and data privacy policies and initiatives across all data repositories
- Assist with ongoing examination of current data governance practices and make recommendations to drive improvements in data governance.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years progressive IT experience in a business environment; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Work experience in records management / information governance preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of various data storage repositories and electronic document management software.
- This position requires a self-motivated, creative and detail-oriented individual with a strong knowledge of legal information management and/or information governance processes and technologies. Aptitude and interest in information technologies, project management, business analysis, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills is necessary.
- Working knowledge of information technology to effectively address the evolving needs related to the management of electronic records and enterprise-wide information governance requirements.
- Experience with systems for imaging, document management, enterprise content management, or email management, preferably with the configuration and/or administration of those systems.
Nice to Have:
- Certification in Records Management (CRM) or IGP (information governance Professional) certification.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.