IT Manager - Release and Test Management
1245 Corporate Blvd, Aurora, IL, USA, 60505
Our National IT (NIT) Services department supports every part of our organization – from Finance and Project Management to Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and more. Our team of IT managers, analysts, specialists and service desk technicians drive innovation and lend their expertise to our people across the entire company, building careers that are both challenging and rewarding.
In this role the IT Manager - Release and Test Management will lead the IT team responsible for all United States (US) activities related to delivering major and minor releases of the new AHEAD future state solutions. Functions of the team will include data preparation, test planning and management, cutover, hyper care, training, governance and compliance, and continued best practices development and refinement. This individual will work closely with ALDI’s global Release Control Center (RCC) and Test Center of Excellence (TCOE), their international counterparts, affected US business teams, and US IT teams in order to support the continuous release of updates to systems such as SAP, ARIBA, Informatica, and Manhattan. The ideal candidate will have experience with continuous software release management for large enterprise software solutions and will have experience working collaboratively with a global governance organization while ensuring the country needs and priorities are addressed. An advanced degree in computer science, information systems, or accumulated work experience is required, as well as experience with large scale project and/or program management, change management, and enterprise testing. Experience with SAP or similar ERP system releases or change management is preferred.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Aurora, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Defines the tasks, deliverables, resources, and schedule necessary to deliver the solution.
• Establishes priorities among resources, schedule, and feature set based upon customer and management requirements.
• Ensures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
• Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
• Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; evaluates performance and achievement of expectations and desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Assesses and recommends appropriate staffing levels.
• Recommends and coordinates ongoing user training as necessary.
• Recommends advancement, discipline or termination as appropriate.
• Makes recommendations to leadership regarding changes to improve IT policies and procedures.
• Evaluates and recommends the use of off-the-shelf or custom developed software.
• Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
• Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
• Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
• Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Communicates and assures compliance with the Office Employee Handbook and established IT policies and procedures.
• Provides support for national and international IT systems.
• Manages the overall maintenance of existing programs and IT systems, including the testing and rollout of all changes and upgrades.
• Creates appropriate documentation and effectively communicates status and potential organizational changes that may result out of a project’s scope.
• Manages project issues and risks, and reviews the associated impact to project scope, timelines, and resources.
• Manages the testing, training, rollout and support for internationally developed programs and IT systems, additionally the development for national programs and IT systems.
• Documents performance concerns or criticisms.
• Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
• Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Managing Self: Seeking feedback, reflecting upon personal behaviors and looking for growth opportunities. Displaying composure, resilience and a positive approach to work.
• Communicating with Impact: Communicating clearly and effectively in written, non-verbal and verbal communication to inform, inspire, motivate and influence. Appreciating the importance of listening, empathy and respect.
• Cooperating with Others: Creating and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Actively consulting, managing conflict and appreciating alternative perspectives and cultures.
• Leading People: Fostering a cooperative leadership style that empowers and motivates. Providing clear expectations and direction. Developing people in their roles and supporting future growth.
• Driving Decisions and Results: Showing ownership by making informed decisions, executing efficiently and taking responsibility for results. Pursuing goals and taking initiative. Using market awareness to better meet the customers' needs (internal and external).
• Managing Change: Demonstrating flexibility and embracing changes to adapt to shifting business needs and emerging technologies. Identifying opportunities for business improvements. Effectively implementing changes in alignment with business goals.
• Ability to recommend, interpret, and/or apply company policies and procedures.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
• Conflict management skills.
• Knowledge of business system environments and processing requirements.
• Understands overall data flow from user specifications considering all input and output, hardware, software, and the operating environment.
• Knowledge of computer hardware components and their function relative to the overall operation of the equipment.
• Knowledge of the functions and purposes of software in a personal / network computer environment for organizing and analyzing files and information.
• Ability to define specifications from user requirements.
• Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings.
• Negotiation skills.
• Ability to evaluate work performance and motivate behavior change among direct reports when necessary.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge required.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Information Technology and retail operations required.
• Or relevant ALDI business experience with an exceptional level of demonstrated success.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• International & Domestic travel required.
• Up to 10%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up