IT Senior Solutions Analyst - Warehouse Management Systems (Manhattan)
1245 Corporate Blvd, Aurora, IL, USA, 60505
Our National IT Services department supports every part of our organization – from Finance and Project Management to Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and more. Our team of IT managers, analysts, specialists and service desk technicians drive innovation and lend their expertise to our people across the entire company, building careers that are both challenging and rewarding.
In this role as an Senior Solutions Analyst, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with Business Representatives, Applications Experts and Project Managers to support advanced data analytics, development topics as well as device and applications directly related to ALDI’s Supply Chain Management Systems. The ideal candidate will have a passion for and knowledge of warehouse operations, technical devices, infrastructure and applications. Extensive cross functional collaboration and strong communication skills are a necessity to be successful in this role. A team player that is open to learning, imparting knowledge to peers and someone who appreciates the opportunity to take ownership will be essential. Hands on experience with Manhattan WMS/WMOS, SQL, and Excel are required for this role.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Aurora, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Participates in the evaluation and recommendation of technology solutions.
• Identifies project issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate.
• Provides input to their direct leader concerning personnel hiring and performance.
• Advises on any changes or actions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
• Informs management of recurring issues or when additional team training may be required.
• Manages the coordination and completion of all projects and operations in their assigned area of responsibility.
• Manages national projects of a larger scope.
• Leads team members in projects spanning multiple IT teams.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of business processes; identifies and recommends changes to related software and hardware to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Assists in communicating and modeling the overarching company strategy and core values of the organization to create a proper work environment and sense of teamwork among employees.
• Adheres to and assists their direct leader in ensuring compliance standards, policies, and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job, including all project management related responsibilities.
• Prepares user documentation, communications and corresponding program updates for distribution to all relevant users.
• Ensures national programs meet requirements for security and integrity of information.
• Coordinates with national and international project delivery including documentation, testing, training, rollout and maintenance of new or existing software/hardware solutions.
• Leads the overall Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) service management processes for software and hardware solutions.
• Maintains, manages and understands user requirements and issues, participates in project or committee meetings as required, reports on project health on international and national projects.
• Acts as a knowledge source and mentor for team members.
• Assists in training and developing team members to retain a motivated and professional workforce.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Plans and Prioritizes: Sets priorities and organizes information in order to efficiently and effectively achieve positive results.
• Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Responds to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Where possible, leverages available resources to address situations before they occur.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Ability to understand overall data flow from user specifications considering all input and output, hardware, software and the operating environment.
• Knowledge of and proficiency with office productivity software.
• Ability to define specifications from user requirements.
• Advanced ability to communicate with business representatives of all levels and comprehend business needs and/or leader in advanced technical skill sets utilized by ALDI.
• Expert ability to translate business needs into efficient and effective solutions.
• Has expertise in business processes and applicable solutions.
• Knowledge of and ability to identify opportunities for procedures or process improvements.
• Ability to define specifications from user requirements.
• Strong analytics skills (data visualization a plus).
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge required.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Business or Information Technology required.
• Experience with support of Warehouse Management Systems preferred.
• Hands on experience with Manhattan WMS/WMOS preferred.
• Experience in supply chain preferred.
• Experience leading and managing projects preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience implementing large scale warehouse management solutions preferred.
• Experience with SQL - Intermediate to Advanced skillset preferred.
• Experience in Jira and Confluence systems preferred.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• International & Domestic travel required.
• Up to 10%
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Click here to learn more about diversity, equity & inclusion at ALDI
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up