IT Service Desk Agent
1245 Corporate Blvd, Aurora, IL, USA, 60505
Technology drives ALDI. And our National IT Services department drives our technology. As part of this team, your innovations will touch every part of our organization – from Finance and Project Management to Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and more. Working with a team of IT Managers, Analysts, Specialists and Service Desk Technicians, you’ll help drive cutting-edge initiatives that will ensure the success of our company and your career.
In this role as an IT Service Desk Agent, you are the face of IT support for ALDI employees in the US and Australia. You will receive calls and electronic tickets from ALDI employees working throughout the business who are experiencing IT related issues and require assistance. These issues can range from ordering toner to supporting servers within the store. You will be a part of a team known as the Global Service Desk (GSD), where most of the support calls will focus around ALDI’s Point of Sale system and back-office equipment. The ideal candidate will have experience supporting customers, troubleshooting over the phone, and providing a best-in-class employee experience. The Global Service Desk team operates 24/7 and qualified candidates should be comfortable working any shift. After completion of the training program, a consistent schedule will be assigned to each IT Service Desk Agent team member. ALDI is looking for someone who collaborates well with other team members and brings positive energy to solving IT issues. ALDI encourages employee growth and career development, and this role comes with opportunities to advance into more technical positions at ALDI.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage:$23.00 per hour
Work Location: Fully Remote - Within 2 hours driving distance to Aurora, IL (Office location 1245 Corporate Blvd) - This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 7 days per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Answers incoming support requests regarding hardware, software or network issues in a timely manner; creates a ticket and documents issue through full and timely resolution.
• Provides support to National Services Offices, divisions and/or stores and contacts appropriate internal personnel or external vendors when further expertise is required.
• Notifies direct leader of recurring issues providing suggested process improvements.
• Escalates to the appropriate level of support and/or management when necessary.
• Adheres to standards, policies, and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
• Maintains confidentiality and privacy of employee and company sensitive data.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and direct leaders.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Supports the office to maintain focus on customers.
• Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic, efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and accuracy of results.
• Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Responds to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Where possible, leverages available resources to address situations before they occur.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task efficiently.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of IT systems.
• Proficient with office productivity software.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma / GED required or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge required.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• No travel required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Click here to learn more about diversity, equity & inclusion at ALDI
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up