IT Specialist (ADM Windows) - Aurora, IllinoisDate posted 10/02/2017 Apply Now Job ID 10490
IT Specialist (ADM Windows)
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your Employment Application by clicking Apply.
As an IT Specialist, the primary responsibility will be to provide end-user computing management for corporate, divisions and stores on a national level. Additional responsibilities include asset and license processes, audit processes, and overall process refinement. The ideal candidate is an individual who works well in a team setting, brings a positive attitude to the role, and who values the potential for career advancement. ALDI encourages employee growth and development, as this is a key component in the company’s work culture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has a complete understanding of the licensing, software and hardware procurement, and asset management requirements.
- Responsible for software purchases with IIT
- Responsible for hardware procurement process for infrastructure
- Maintains accurate software and hardware inventory
- Distributes software in accordance with IT policies
- Identifies project issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate.
- Assists the IT Manager by maintaining a thorough understanding of business processes; identifies and recommends changes to related software and hardware to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participates in the evaluation and recommendation of the use of off-the-shelf or custom developed software.
- Assists the IT Manager with all project management related responsibilities.
- Coordinates plans for testing, documentation, training and rollout.
- Prepares user documentation, bulletins and corresponding program updates for distribution to all relevant users.
- Answers incoming support requests in a timely manner; creates a ticket and documents issue through full and timely resolution.
- Participates in project or committee meetings as required.
- Effectively communicates status and creates required project reporting for all appropriate participants.
- Adheres to standards, policies, and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years IT experience in a business environment
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Organized and detail oriented with strong research and analytical skills
- Experience with software and hardware licensing (Preferred)
- Experience with asset management (Preferred)
- Ability to travel as needed
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.