IT Specialist (Application/Project Coordination) - Aurora, IllinoisDate posted 10/06/2017 Apply Now Job ID 10581
IT Specialist (Application/Project Coordination)
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your Employment Application by clicking Apply.
As an IT Specialist, the primary responsibility will be to provide supporting services for one of the core business partners within corporate at ALDI, on a national level. Additional responsibilities include assist with project work dealing with national solutions and Interface with national development team. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of project coordination, and will have the ability to communicate with IT, and business partners. The ideal candidate is an individual who works well in a team setting, brings a positive attitude to the role, and who values the potential for career advancement. ALDI encourages employee growth and development, as this is a key component in the company’s work culture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers incoming support requests in a timely manner; creates a ticket and documents issue through full and timely resolution.
- Provides support to users and contacts appropriate internal personnel or external vendors when further expertise is required.
- Assists with national and international projects, including documentation, training, and deployment.
- Performs testing of software and hardware solutions.
- Participates in the overall maintenance of existing software and hardware solutions, including the training and deployment of all changes and upgrades.
- Ability to understand overall data flow from user specifications considering all input and output, hardware, software and the operating environment.
- Knowledge of computer hardware components and their function relative to the overall operation of the equipment.
- Ability to select a course of action, considering appropriate variables in order to solve a specific problem.
- Ability to define specifications from user requirements.
- Skill of preparing written materials such as documentation, correspondence and reports to meet purpose and audience.
- Ability to follow instruction and give attention to detail.
- Skill of developing and maintaining positive relationships and work cooperatively with internal customers, and external vendors or suppliers.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a group of individuals to make the work of the group successful and effective.
- Ability to manage one’s time in order to maximize productivity and effectiveness.
- Availability to travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Works with business users to write SQL queries and develop Excel macros for data analysis (Preferred).
- 2 year’s experience supporting Projects (Start-to-Finish).
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.