IT Specialist - BI & Reporting
1245 Corporate Blvd, Aurora, IL, USA, 60505
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our National IT Department supports every part of our organization – from Finance and Project Management to Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and more. Our team of IT managers, analysts, specialists and service desk technicians drive innovation and lend their expertise to our people across the entire company, building careers that are both challenging and rewarding.
ALDI is searching for a detail-oriented and experienced IT professional to join our talented team. Your central responsibility will be to develop, optimize and monitor our company’s reporting data systems. In addition to creating or updating reporting solutions, your duties will include working with our partners in the business teams to understand their data use cases, work with IT’s Information Architects, Database Administrators and Security experts to ensure data integrity, reliability and security.
To succeed in this role, you must have a record of demonstrating a drive for working with others to create successful Business Intelligence (BI) solutions. You must be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and have experience working with business areas to translate their business data needs and data questions into project requirements. This position provides the opportunity to be involved in new BI solutions and to work with many different business areas within the company. The candidate will participate in all phases of the BI development life cycle. As an ALDI IT member, you will be working in a team atmosphere with several peers requiring collaboration, resolution and discovery. Strong communication skills are needed for this role.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Document business use cases, application requirements, implementation documents and support documentation.
• Participate in the Request for Development process, creating and updating reporting solutions.
• Participate in the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
• Drive data practice initiatives, working across functional teams to ensure appropriate governance of information management practices.
• Provide practical recommendations and solutions to complex and/or technical issues that relate to the management of data.
• Monitor the creation, use, transfer and retention of data sources to ensure compliance with Data Governance policies and Information Security.
• Partner with various IT teams on any projects related to data needs for reporting.
• Answer incoming support requests in a timely manner.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent required.
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
• Track record of working with business partners to understand/gather business requirements and creating system documentation.
• Strong knowledge of database use and advanced use of Transact SQL.
• Experience writing/maintaining reliable SQL-based jobs to transfer, audit and monitor data.
• Understanding of Hadoop and its toolset.
• Working experience with data modeling concepts and ERWIN Data modeling.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Experience with SSIS/SSRS reporting (a plus).
• Experience with ServiceNow for incident management (a plus).
• Excellent organization skills and analytical abilities.
• Educate staff members through training and individual support.
• Collaborate with team members and communicate relevant information to leadership.
• Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic environment.
• Exceptional written & verbal communication.
• Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
• Availability to travel, as needed (up to 5%).
• Willing to travel and work on international projects when needed.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.