IT Specialist - Information Governance
1245 Corporate Blvd, Aurora, IL, USA, 60505
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our National IT Services department supports every part of our organization – from Finance and Project Management to Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and more. Our team of IT managers, analysts, specialists and service desk technicians drive innovation and lend their expertise to our people across the entire company, building careers that are both challenging and rewarding.
As an IT Specialist at ALDI, an ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting the Information Governance Program. The Information Governance program consisted of various components, including program policies and standards, retention schedule, education and training, compliance and program assessment. As ALDI reviews and improves its information governance standards fostering a compliance culture, the IT Specialist will be responsible for supporting the governance of electronic records, including monitoring of compliance with information governance policies and assisting with the development and implementation of a data retention schedule.
It will be beneficial for the chosen individual to have experience implementing retention schedules in technologies. Additional advantages would be understanding the value of data, as well as the policies that support data usage and data repositories. Experience developing and improving methods of compliance monitoring would be preferred. In this role, a team members input, ideas and improvements will be highly valued. The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-starter, team player, and is able to understand technical implications concerning Information Governance.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Answers incoming support requests in a timely manner; creates a ticket and documents issue through full and timely resolution.
- Provides support to users and contacts appropriate internal personnel or external vendors when further expertise is required.
- Assists with national and international projects, including documentation, training, and deployment.
- Participates in the overall maintenance of existing software and hardware solutions, including the training and deployment of all changes and upgrades.
- Adheres to standards, policies, and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Is entitled to submit expenses for all business related reasons in accordance with company policies.
- Job responsibilities include possible access to HIPAA protected health information; as such, employee must comply with HIPAA Privacy and Security requirements and policies.
- Knowledge of the strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, systems, and services of the company.
- Knowledge of and ability to recommend, interpret and/or apply operating policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance and application of a comprehensive records retention schedule, updated regularly to reflect changes in regulatory or statutory requirements, legal and tax requirements, operational needs, and the desire to maintain records
- Document and analyze business process to make recommendations to improve process efficiency or reduce costs and/or risks associated with business processes.
- Monitor the creation, use, transfer and destruction of electronic records to ensure compliance with Information Governance policies and Information Security.
- Assist in developing and improving methods of compliance monitoring across all data repositories.
- Train and support all levels on processes, and technology in place to manage electronic data.
- Work with various IT teams to monitor usage and growth of personal records in data repositories, and integrate recordkeeping requirements with any software applications
- Partners with various IT teams on any projects related with records and information
- Ensure consistency in data collection, transfer and destruction procedures.
- Work with various IT teams to ensure proper destruction of electronic records per retention schedules. Responsible for maintaining all process documentation related to these activities.
- Assist with ongoing examination of current data governance practices and make recommendations to drive improvements in data governance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Experience with systems for imaging, document management, enterprise content management, or email management, preferably with the configuration and/or administration of those systems (preferred)
- Work experience in records management / information governance (preferred).
- Knowledge of business system environment and processing requirements; ability to understand overall data flow from user specifications considering all input and output, hardware, software and the operating environment.
- Knowledge of the functions and purposes of software in a personal / network computer environment; skill of using its commands to organize and analyze files and information.
- Ability to select a course of action, considering appropriate variables in order to solve a specific problem
- Skill of preparing written materials such as documentation, correspondence and reports to meet purpose and audience.
- Ability to follow instruction and give attention to detail.
- Skill of developing and maintaining positive relationships and work cooperatively with internal customers, and external vendors or suppliers.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a group of individuals to make the work of the group successful and effective.
- Ability to manage one’s time in order to maximize productivity and effectiveness.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships.
- Working knowledge of information technology to effectively address the evolving needs related to the management of electronic records and enterprise-wide information governance requirements.
- Ability to travel as needed.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.