IT Specialist - .NET Development
1245 Corporate Blvd, Aurora, IL, USA, 60505
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our National IT Department supports every part of our organization – from Finance and Project Management to Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and more. Our team of IT managers, analysts, specialists and service desk technicians drive innovation and lend their expertise to our people across the entire company, building careers that are both challenging and rewarding.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Answers incoming support requests in a timely manner; creates a ticket and documents issue through full and timely resolution.
• Provides support to users and contacts appropriate internal personnel or external vendors when further expertise is required.
• Assists with national and international projects, including documentation, training, and deployment.
• Performs development and testing of software and hardware solutions.
• Participates in the overall development of existing solutions, including the deployment of all changes and upgrades.
• Adheres to standards, policies, and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in IT or a related field.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Experience with full stack development tooling and processes.
• Knowledge of business system environments and processing requirements; ability to understand overall data flow from user specifications considering all input and output, hardware, software, and the operating environment.
• Knowledge of agile software development and methodologies such as SCRUM.
• Knowledge of the Git version control system.
• Knowledge of the Gitflow workflow is a plus.
• Knowledge of SAP Cloud Platform / SAP Gateway a plus.
• Skill of preparing written materials such as documentation, correspondence and reports to meet purpose and audience (attention to detail).
• Ability to select a course of action, considering appropriate variables in order to solve a specific problem.
• Ability to translate business needs into efficient and effective solutions.
• Ability to communicate with business representatives of all levels and comprehend business needs.
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships and work cooperatively with internal customers, external vendors and suppliers.
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a group of individuals to make the work of the group successful and effective.
• Ability to define specifications from user requirements.
• Limited travel necessary during training.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.