IT Specialist - Networks
1245 Corporate Blvd, Aurora, IL, USA, 60505
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our National IT Department supports every part of our organization – from Finance and Project Management to Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and more. Our team of IT managers, analysts, specialists and service desk technicians drive innovation and lend their expertise to our people across the entire company, building careers that are both challenging and rewarding.
IT Specialist is responsible for complex and diverse network platforms/topologies within the IT Networks team. The candidate provides technical support by analyzing hardware and/or software data, identifying the root cause of the problem and developing/implementing hardware and/or software solutions. Candidate will be responsible for design, integration, operation and management of complex enterprise networks, linking a variety of platforms, operating systems, network topologies and network protocols. Candidate makes recommendations related to network architecture, evaluation of hardware and software products and problem resolution. Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience. 5-8 years of related work experience.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Works with global service desk to handle incoming escalated support requests.
• Diagnoses and troubleshoot wireless, security, switching, and other various network-related issues reported.
• Collaborates with other team members to fix network outages, configurations, and complex networking issues.
• Analyzes Network activity using tools like Wireshark.
• Plans, designs, and troubleshoots local and wide area network infrastructure, including routers, firewalls, switches, and gateways.
• Participates and leads configurations, implementation, and support of all network systems.
• Participates in collaborative efforts to manage and resolve complex network problems and coordinates resolution.
• Configures, and implements routers, switches, firewalls, wireless, and other network systems and services.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in IT or a related field.
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
• Hands-on experience diagnosing & resolving network (LAN/WAN) issues including Hardware, Software, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Content Filters, VLANS, and 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wireless.
• Fundamental knowledge in networking protocols including TCP/IP, STP, ARP, Ethernet, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP.
• Experience supporting LANs, VLANs, WLANs, VPNs.
• Experience in networking related problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting.
• Solid knowledge in Network Fundamentals (IPv4/IPv6/OSI Model).
• Understanding of networking protocols (IP, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF).
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic environment.
• Exceptional written & verbal communication.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
- Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.