IT Specialist - Service Catalog
1245 Corporate Blvd, Aurora, IL, USA, 60505
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our National IT Department supports every part of our organization – from Finance and Project Management to Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and more. Our team of IT managers, analysts, specialists and service desk technicians drive innovation and lend their expertise to our people across the entire company, building careers that are both challenging and rewarding.
In this role as an IT Specialist, you will be responsible for the Service Catalog and metrics reporting for the Global Service Desk. The ideal candidate will have experience working with ServiceNow, our globally selected IT Service Management tool. The ideal candidate will be responsible for data gathering, and data reporting from ServiceNow. The individual will be responsible for maintaining the IT Service Catalog. Working in concert with the other global teams, you will also be responsible for requesting changes and managing those updates to ServiceNow and the other solutions utilized by the Global Service Desk. As an IT Specialist you will pull information regarding metrics from ServiceNow and build periodic reports for the GSD and the other IT teams. The selected candidate will join an already established team that is located in Aurora, IL
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Regularly exchanges information with global IT service team to ensure service delivery and quality.
• Provides measurement, recording, analysis and improvement options and recommendations for the ServiceNow, InContact and other tools utilized by the Global Service Desk.
• Provides functional and technical ServiceNow expertise to the Global Service Desk.
• Obtains and verifies information to be included in the IT Service Catalogue from internal and external Service Owners and other information providers.
• Ensures that scope changes and new services are documented according to the service on-boarding procedures.
• Ensures that IT Service Catalog assessment reviews are scheduled, carried out regularly with Service Owners and documented with agreed actions.
• Ensures that improvement initiatives identified in IT Service Catalog reviews are acted upon and progress reports are provided.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in IT or a related field.
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
• Experience working with ServiceNow.
• Experience working with SQL.
• Experience working with Excel (Advanced).
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Experience working on an IT Service Catalog - preferred.
• Experience working with SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) - preferred.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of business system environments and processing requirements; understands overall data flow from user specifications considering all input and output, hardware, software, and the operating environment.
• Knowledge of computer software components and their function relative to the overall operation.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Ability to define specifications from user requirements.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Availability to travel, as needed (up to 5%).
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
- Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.