IT Specialist (SharePoint) - Aurora, IllinoisDate posted 11/27/2018 Apply Now Job ID 18508
IT Specialist (SharePoint)
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your Employment Application by clicking Apply.
In this role, you will be considered the SharePoint subject matter expert (SME). You will be held accountable to design, develop, test, implement, support and maintain SharePoint workflows to enhance business processes. Working in a team atmosphere, you will be asked to work with Information Technology Project Manager on designing and configuring SharePoint site structures, metadata architecture, page layouts and workflows. As ALDI uses SharePoint as a resource for collaboration within Information Technology, you will help design development and deploy all SharePoint functions. As ALDI continues to grow, the need for SharePoint sites and workflows will only increase. As SharePoint continues to grow with the adoption of global community sites, intranet and social collaboration, the demand for business automations will only continue to improve within ALDI.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers incoming support requests in a timely manner; creates ticket and documents issue through full and time resolution.
- Provides support to users and contacts appropriate internal personnel or external vendors when further expertise is required.
- Assists with national and international projects, including documentation, training, and deployment.
- Communicates and models the vision and values of the organization to create a proper work environment and sense of teamwork among employees.
- Assists the IT Manager in assuring compliance with established operating policies and procedures.
- Performs testing of software and hardware solutions.
- Prepares user documentation, bulletins and corresponding program updates for distribution to all relevant users.
- Provides initial support to users after initial project rollout.
- Participates in the overall maintenance of existing software and hardware solutions, including the testing, training, and rollout of all changes and upgrades.
- Effectively communicates status and creates required project reporting for all appropriate participants.
- Adheres to standards, policies, and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Is entitled to submit expenses for all business related reasons in accordance with company policies.
- Job responsibilities include possible access to HIPAA protected health information; as such, employee must comply with HIPAA Privacy and Security requirements and policies.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years progressive IT experience in a business environment; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge; or relevant ALDI business experience with an exceptional level of demonstrated success.
- 2 to 4 years’ experience working with SharePoint, developing functional workflows.
- Knowledge of the strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, systems, and services of the company.
- Knowledge of and ability to recommend, interpret and/or apply ALDI operating policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of ALDI's business system environment and processing requirements; ability to understand overall data flow from user specifications considering all input and output, hardware, software and the operating environment.
- Knowledge of computer hardware components and their function relative to the overall operation of the equipment.
- Knowledge of the functions and purposes of software in a personal / network computer environment; skill of using its commands to organize and analyze files and information.
- Ability to select a course of action, considering appropriate variables in order to solve a specific problem
- Ability to define specifications from user requirements.
- Skill of preparing written materials such as documentation, correspondence and reports to meet purpose and audience.
- Ability to follow instruction and give attention to detail.
- Skill of developing and maintaining positive relationships and work cooperatively with internal customers, and external vendors or suppliers.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a group of individuals to make the work of the group successful and effective.
- Availability to travel as needed.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.