IT Specialist - Systems - Aurora, IllinoisLocation 1245 Corporate Blvd, Aurora, IL, USA, 60505 Apply Now
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our National IT Department supports every part of our organization – from Finance and Project Management to Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and more. Our team of IT managers, analysts, specialists and help desk technicians drive innovation and lend their expertise to our people across the entire company, building careers that are both challenging and rewarding.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Identifies project issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate.
• Participates in the evaluation and recommendation of the use of off-the-shelf or custom developed software.
• Assists the IT Manager by maintaining a thorough understanding of business processes.
• Identifies and recommends changes to related software and hardware to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Maintains, manages, and has a complete understanding of the list of user requirements and open issues.
• Coordinates the overall maintenance of existing software and hardware solutions, including the testing, training, and rollout of all changes and upgrades.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a related field.
• A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Experience with Windows Server 2008 & Above.
• Experience with General Application Troubleshooting.
• Experience with troubleshooting application availability and performance.
• Knowledge of the strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, systems, and services of the company.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of business system environments and processing requirements; understands overall data flow from user specifications considering all input and output, hardware, software, and the operating environment.
• Knowledge of computer hardware components and their function relative to the overall operation of the equipment.
• Knowledge of the functions and purposes of software in a personal/network computer environment for organizing and analyzing files and information.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Ability to define specifications from user requirements.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Ability to travel as needed.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
- Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.