IT Specialist (Windows Server Support & Backups) - Aurora, IllinoisDate posted 11/27/2018 Apply Now Job ID 18509
IT Specialist (Windows Server Support & Backups)
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your Employment Application by clicking Apply.
In this role as an IT Specialist, you will be a member of the Servers team supporting the server infrastructure and systems backups. The candidate for this role will need to have experience working with Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher, experience with Veeam Backup & Replication software ver. 9 or higher, and a passion for supporting and troubleshooting virtualized infrastructure. In this role, you will need to work with internal customers to ensure all servers are properly backed up, while providing a best-in-class service to the requester. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience working with Hyper-V or VMWare vCenter. ALDI is looking for someone that is willing to work with others in a team setting that brings positive energy, and is looking for career advancement. With this position comes on the job training allowing you to understand your day-to-day responsibilities. ALDI encourages employee growth and development, as this is a key component to our working culture and success. Come grow your career with us.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers incoming support requests in a timely manner; creates a ticket and documents issue through full and timely resolution.
- Provides support to users and contacts appropriate internal personnel or external vendors when further expertise is required.
- Optimizes the back-up environment.
- Notifies IT Analyst(s) and/or IT Manager of recurring issues providing suggested process improvements.
- Assists with national and international projects, including documentation, training, and deployment.
- Participates in the overall maintenance of existing virtualized infrastructure, including the testing and deployment of all changes and upgrades.
- Adheres to standards, policies, and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Is entitled to submit expenses for all business related reasons in accordance with company policies.
- Job responsibilities include possible access to HIPAA protected health information; as such, employee must comply with HIPAA Privacy and Security requirements and policies.
- Bachelor's Degree or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- 2 years of experience with support of Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher.
- 2 years of experience with Veeam Backup & Replication software ver. 9 or higher.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.