IT Support Level I (End-User/Desktop) - Aurora, IllinoisDate posted 10/06/2017 Apply Now Job ID 10578
IT Support Level I (End-User/Desktop)
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your Employment Application by clicking Apply.
In this role as IT Support Level I, you will be responsible for supporting all business units within ALDI from an end-user hardware and infrastructure perspective. Based in Batavia, IL, the ideal candidate will need to receive support requests from ALDI employees who are experiencing IT related issues and provide solutions to the caller. Issues can range from failed cabling to computer hardware replacement. You will be a part of a team that is dedicated to End User Computing, where most of the support requests will focus around ALDI’s desktop support and equipment usage. The ideal candidate will need to have experience with customer engagement, ability to troubleshoot issues over the phone and/or in person providing a best in class employee experience. ALDI is looking for someone that is willing to work with others in a team setting, that brings positive energy and that is looking for career advancement. This position includes an on the job training environment allowing you to understand your day-to-day responsibilities. ALDI encourages employee growth and development, as this is a key component to our working culture. This role is a stepping stone to career advancement opportunities to more technical positions at ALDI.
- Answers incoming support requests regarding hardware/software and network issues, targeting first contact resolution with the end-user on every call.
- Documents issues and adheres to the escalation process at ALDI.
- Provides support to corporate and divisions and contacts appropriate internal personnel or external vendors when required to do so.
- Notifies supervisor of recurring issues and/or trends dealing with end-user issues.
- Identifies and responds to issues that require training of the end-user, partnering with the business and acting as a liaison to IT infrastructure and/or software operations.
- Suggests process improvements to the supervisor in areas that could positively impact the business and the level of support.
- Current Operational Hours are from 6:00am - 6:00pm Monday through Friday. Upon hire, you will be assigned a working shift based on business needs. Each individual schedule will be consistent and will not fluctuate from week to week once they are set, but could change periodically due to business needs. The ideal candidate must be available to work all operational hours.
- Education and Experience Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent and 2 years’ experience in technical support position; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and/or any related field dealing with Technology/Engineering.
- Experience providing phone support to internal and/or external customers.
- Exposure working with any tracking and/or ticketing system.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.