IT Support Level I (Help Desk Operations) - Aurora, IllinoisDate posted 01/07/2019 Apply Now Job ID 19225
IT Support Level I (Help Desk Operations)
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your Employment Application by clicking Apply.
In this role as IT Support Level I, you are the face of supporting all ALDI stores from a national level, in a call-center environment at our corporate office based in Aurora, IL. The ideal candidate will need to receive calls from ALDI employees working at ALDI stores who are experiencing IT related issues, providing solutions to the caller. Issues can range from ordering toner for a printer to supporting servers and virtual machines within the store. You will be a part of a team that is dedicated to Help Desk Operations, where most of the support calls will focus around ALDI’s Point of Sale system and back office equipment. The ideal candidate will need to have experience with customer engagement, ability to troubleshoot issues over the phone, and provide a best in class employee experience. ALDI is looking for someone that is willing to work with others in a team setting, that brings positive energy and that is looking for career advancement. With this position comes a 6 week training course in a classroom style setting and an on the job training environment allowing you to understand your day-to-day responsibilities. ALDI encourages employee growth and development, as this is key component to our working culture. This role is a stepping stone to career advancement opportunities to more technical positions at ALDI. Further opportunities exist within the help desk and other IT departments outside the help desk as an IT Specialist or IT Analyst allowing you to grow in your career with us.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers incoming support requests from stores regarding hardware/software and network issues, targeting first contact resolution with the end-user on every call.
- Documents issues and in adherence to the escalation process at ALDI.
- Provides support to corporate, divisions and/or stores and contacts appropriate internal personnel or external vendors when required to do so.
- Notifies supervisor of recurring issues and/or trends dealing with end-user issues.
- Identifies and responds to issues that require training of the end-user, partnering with the business and acting as a liaison between stores and IT operations.
- Suggests process improvements to the supervisor in areas that could positively impact the business and the level of support.
- Current Operational Hours are from 5:00am - 12:00am (midnight) Monday through Friday and 6:00am - 12am (midnight) Saturday and Sunday. Upon hire, you will be assigned a working shift based on business needs within the help desk. Each individual schedule will be consistent and will not fluctuate from week to week once they are set, but could change periodically due to business needs. The ideal candidate must be available to work all operational hours of the help desk and shifts when assigned.
- Education and Experience Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent and 2 years’ experience in a support or customer service oriented position; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology and/or any related field dealing with Technology/Engineering.
- Call-Center experience providing phone support to internal and/or external customers.
- Exposure working with any tracking and/or ticketing system.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience as a level I/II Support Technician in a call center/help desk setting.
- 1 to 2 years’ management experience in a retail setting (e.g., big box, grocery...).
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.