Manager Global Business Coordination
1245 Corporate Blvd, Aurora, IL, USA, 60505
Every year, our trucks travel millions of miles taking products from our suppliers to ALDI warehouses and onwards to ALDI stores worldwide. Our Supply Chain and Logistics teams navigate the challenges that come with it and focus our efforts on further developing the supply chain processes and organization on a global level. With a dedication to sustainability, you will have the opportunity to develop innovative and best-in-class solutions for the ALDI business, finding new ways to keep everything moving smoothly. As we continue to expand, this is your chance to join a team where your hard work is guaranteed to make a difference.
In this role, the (job title) Executive Manager will be responsible for managing projects, including managing budgets, planning appropriate resources, delivering solutions and minimizing business risks, creating cost-benefit analysis for a wide variety of topics impacting ALDI’s Supply Chain, coordinating decisions, projects and requirements to ensure alignment between all stakeholders in working alongside external consultancies, internal IT teams, international colleagues and local Supply Chain departments. Ideal previous experience within one or multiple of the selected software to support transportation management, specifically SAP TM, Transporeon and Coupa; however, general insight on supplemental industry solutions to support the Supply Chain processes. The ideal candidate will have Project Management experience, with a general understanding of business processes within Supply Chain (Purchasing and Logistics). The objective of this role is to support the current operating model to support the Supply Chain processes within each country, from system supported processes to setting Change Management expectations. Act as a single point of contact (SPOC) to promote a collaborative way of working with our international departments and the country representatives, overseeing the evolution of our Supply Chain solutions.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Aurora, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Defines tasks, deliverables, resources and schedules necessary to carry out identified process improvements.
• Resolves functional topics in area of process expertise.
• Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
• Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
• Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; evaluates performance and achievement of expectations and desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Provides global subject matter expertise for ALDI's logistics and supply chain operations.
• Supports change management initiatives enthusiastically to positions from executive leadership to end-users.
• Maintains and develops relationships with key software providers, including attendance at user groups/industry conferences to steer development in direction of ALDI’s requirements.
• Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline processes focusing on global standardization within the domain.
• Makes recommendations to leadership regarding changes to improve processes and procedures.
• Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
• Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
• Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
• Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Manages the global demand process within the domain utilizing the Demand to Solution process.
• Oversees the evolution of software solutions, including global requirements gathering, assessment/prioritization of functionalities, and steering of supply chain software within the domain.
• Creates appropriate documentation and effectively communicates status change demands and projects within the domain.
• Leads or participates in Logistics Domain and cross-domain initiatives.
• Manages project issues and risks, and reviews the associated impact to project scope, timelines, and resources within the domain.
• Designs ALDI’s future business processes and helps identify software solutions.
• Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
• Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Managing Self: Seeking feedback, reflecting upon personal behaviors and looking for growth opportunities. Displaying composure, resilience and a positive approach to work.
• Communicating with Impact: Communicating clearly and effectively in written, non-verbal and verbal communication to inform, inspire, motivate and influence. Appreciating the importance of listening, empathy and respect.
• Cooperating with Others: Creating and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Actively consulting, managing conflict and appreciating alternative perspectives and cultures.
• Leading People: Fostering a cooperative leadership style that empowers and motivates. Providing clear expectations and direction. Developing people in their roles and supporting future growth.
• Driving Decisions and Results: Showing ownership by making informed decisions, executing efficiently and taking responsibility for results. Pursuing goals and taking initiative. Using market awareness to better meet the customers' needs (internal and external).
• Managing Change: Demonstrating flexibility and embracing changes to adapt to shifting business needs and emerging technologies. Identifying opportunities for business improvements. Effectively implementing changes in alignment with business goals.
• Ability to recommend, interpret, and/or apply company policies and procedures.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
• Conflict management skills.
• Ability to interpret user specifications to create design requirements considering all input, output, hardware, software, operating environment, and business landscape.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to present to a large group in a professional manner.
• Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings.
• Negotiation skills.
• Thinks critically and analytically.
• Intermediate to advanced project management skills.
• Knowledge of business processes and use of solutions.
• Effective time and resource management; maximizes productivity.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, or a related field required.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, and retail operations required.
• Or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience working in a management/supervisory role preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience using relevant software applications, ideally in retail/grocery operations preferred.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• International & Domestic travel required.
• Up to 25%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up