Manager IT - Global Logistics - Warehousing & TransportationLocation Aurora, IL, USA, 60505 Apply Now
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our National IT Department supports every part of our organization – from Finance and Project Management to Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and more. Our team of IT managers, analysts, specialists and help desk technicians drive innovation and lend their expertise to our people across the entire company, building careers that are both challenging and rewarding.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Manages Business Service delivery to the global business.
• Owns the global demand-to-solution process - key interface between the global Business and IT delivery.
• Drives the strategic evolution of Business Service and its respective software solutions as well as corresponding IT Services together with the responsible business Product Owner.
• Aligns Business and IT strategy ensuring holistic benefits.
• Represents underlying IT Services in Business/IT strategy discussions and ensures strategic fit of Business Services as well as respective IT Services.
• Owns and manages IT change budget for Business service and underlying software solutions.
• Ensures continuous improvement of quality of service towards the global Business.
• Maintains and evolves relationships with key IT vendors on a strategic level.
• Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
• Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
• Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
• Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
• Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
• Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
• Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred in a computer related field.
• A minimum of 4 years progressive experience within information systems in a business environment.
• A minimum of 2 to 4 years’ experience working with Warehouse Management Systems, Transportation Management Systems and/or related Applications, ideally in retail / grocery retail.
• Understands the respective business area as well as of industry standards and best practices of Supply Chain related topics as a whole.
• Experience assisting and driving a Warehouse Management System and/or Transportation Management System implementation.
• Experience defining Supply Chain specifications from user requirements.
• Experience leading a team, and delegating tasks to the appropriate parties.
• Experience managing multiple projects, activities or problem areas at any given time
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills - cross culture and cross hierarchy.
• Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Knowledge of the strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, systems, and services of the company.
• Ability to recommend, interpret, and apply operating policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of business system environments and processing requirements.
• Understands overall data flow from user specifications considering all input and output, hardware, software, and the operating environment.
• Knowledge of computer hardware components and their function relative to the overall operation of the equipment.
• Knowledge of the functions and purposes of software in a personal/network computer environment for organizing and analyzing files and information.
• Ability to define specifications from user requirements.
• Develops rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
• Negotiation, conflict management, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to evaluate work performance and motivate behavior change among direct reports when necessary.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Willingness to travel internationally on a frequent basis (25%).
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.