Market Research & Analytics Analyst (Competitive & Category Insights)
1245 Corporate Blvd, Aurora, IL, USA, 60505
National Buying Services is the department dedicated to acquiring the goods that our ALDI customers count on. Beyond working to secure quality products at the lowest possible prices through our Buying and support teams (Administration, Merchandising, Pricing, Quality Assurance, Analytics and more), our teams ensure we are providing the best value and quality in everything we do.
Work Location:Aurora, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Monitors market, competitive, and category trends and provides insights through reports and presentations to senior leadership and merchants to drive decision-making.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Analyzes and interprets sales and customer trends/patterns at the total store, basket, and category-level using internal and external data to identify causes and opportunities leading to actual and desired results.
• Gathers, analyzes, and transforms large datasets using various tools into meaningful information to effectively tell a story.
• Acts as a consultant to internal stakeholders and collaborates with fellow team members to align on business objectives, overcome barriers and create actionable content.
• Communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Focuses on Quality: Takes an efficient, analytical approach to solve problems or produce outputs in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures quality and accuracy of results.
• Manages and Supports Projects: Effectively plans, executes and supports project needs to support management and the larger ALDI business.
• Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic, efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and accuracy of results.
• Ability to work with large and complex datasets and simplify into actionable insights.
• Strong attention to detail with proven quality control methods.
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Intellectually curious and passionate about working with data.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field required.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in competitive and/or category analysis, category management, data analytics, or related experience required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Experience with syndicated POS and Panel data (IRI or Nielsen) required.
• CPG/Retail data analytics experience preferred.
• Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI preferred.
• Experience with data tools such as Alteryx or SQL language preferred.
• Knowledge of statistical analysis and R / Python preferred.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Domestic travel required.
• Up to 10%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up