Business Program Manager
1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
National Buying Services is the department dedicated to acquiring the goods that our ALDI customers count on. Beyond working to secure quality products at the lowest possible prices through our Buying and support teams (Administration, Merchandising, Pricing, Quality Assurance, Analytics and more), our teams ensure we are providing the best value and quality in everything we do.
In this role the Business Program Manager will be responsible for working across departments and internationally to roll out new technologies and system enhancements efficiently and effectively. The object of the role is to work collaboratively to bring new solutions to the AHEAD landscape that improve user functionality and drive the business forward.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Batavia, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Recommends and leads appropriate solutions to complete assigned projects.
• Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
• Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
• Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; evaluates performance and achievement of expectations and desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Assesses and reports on all delegated projects, responsibilities, and ways to better lead and improve the deployment strategy.
• Collects and facilitates information flow between national and international teams.
• Participates in national or international meetings as required by leadership.
• Collaborates with leadership regarding fit-gap identification and localization requirements.
• Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
• Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
• Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
• Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Manages and coordinates the completion of all projects and deployment operations in the area of responsibility.
• Manages content-based localization requirements, including adjustments without global template impact, in line with scope of deployment project.
• Coordinates and ensures smooth functioning of data cleansing required within the scope of the respective project.
• Acts as program ambassador within project scope to positively endorse new solutions.
• Oversees updates and localization of centrally submitted test cases and ensures timely provision of test data.
• Identifies key users for business training resources.
• Manages project issues, risks, and reviews the associated impact to the project scope, timeline, and resources.
• Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
• Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Managing Self: Seeking feedback, reflecting upon personal behaviors and looking for growth opportunities. Displaying composure, resilience and a positive approach to work.
• Communicating with Impact: Communicating clearly and effectively in written, non-verbal and verbal communication to inform, inspire, motivate and influence. Appreciating the importance of listening, empathy and respect.
• Cooperating with Others: Creating and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Actively consulting, managing conflict and appreciating alternative perspectives and cultures.
• Leading People: Fostering a cooperative leadership style that empowers and motivates. Providing clear expectations and direction. Developing people in their roles and supporting future growth.
• Driving Decisions and Results: Showing ownership by making informed decisions, executing efficiently and taking responsibility for results. Pursuing goals and taking initiative. Using market awareness to better meet the customers' needs (internal and external).
• Managing Change: Demonstrating flexibility and embracing changes to adapt to shifting business needs and emerging technologies. Identifying opportunities for business improvements. Effectively implementing changes in alignment with business goals.
• Ability to recommend, interpret, and/or apply company policies and procedures.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
• Conflict management skills.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Proficient in SAP.
• Understands cost/benefit analysis.
• Conflict-management skills.
• Ability to prepare executive level recommendations and reports.
• Ability to lead and work with diverse, cross-functional teams.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, consistently meeting deadlines, and remaining calm under pressure.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or a related field required.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in project management or deployment of SAP systems and retail operations required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• International & Domestic travel required.
• Up to 10%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up