Buying AssistantLocation Batavia, IL, USA, 60510 Apply Now
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Corporate Buying is the team dedicated to acquiring the goods that our ALDI customers count on. Beyond working to secure quality products at the lowest possible prices through our Buying and support teams (Administration, Pricing / E-commerce, Merchandising, Market Research and Analytics), our teams ensure we are providing the best value and quality in everything we do.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $23.10/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Responsible for various computer applications, such as database management, report generation, or word processing.
• Creates, maintains, and enters information into the department software.
• Manages multiple projects at once by prioritizing, setting deadlines, and coordinating the flow of information internally and/or externally.
• Provides training to new staff and contributes to committee or team work.
• Maintains leader’s calendar by arranging and coordinating meetings/appointments.
• Performs routine administrative and clerical duties such as answering phones, preparing documents, maintaining files and processing paperwork.
• Provides recommendations for changes or improvements on operating or training procedures and seeks further training on areas if needed.
• Processes replies, research, and/or draft reports to handle all inquiries within capacity in a timely manner.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Associate's Degree in Business or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Projects a positive image of the business.
• Understand, recognize and effectively manage challenges by proactively working to decrease their impact and frequency of occurring.
• Maintains a positive attitude and contributes to a positive working environment.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Creates and/or adheres to a standard procedure, routine, template, or checklist to accomplish assigned tasks efficiently and on time.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Active listening skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Position requires sitting for extended periods of time and occasional lifting up to 30 lbs.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.