1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
Buying Assistant at ALDI.
How can ALDI continue to provide the highest quality products at the lowest possible prices? By the innovation and hard work of our Corporate Buying team. Our Corporate Buying Department is comprised of approximately 40 Buying Directors and 120 Buying Assistants. Our Buying Assistants play a key role in our ability to offer the best value for our customers. As a Buying Assistant you will communicate with internal and external parties, provide recommendations to buyers and ultimately see firsthand how your work contributes to the organization’s overall success.
- $24.00 / hour
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
- Indeed Reviews and Company Rating
“I enjoyed working with the various buyers and assistants. The environment was friendly and professional. I received autonomy on many tasks. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the prototype toys. ”
What makes for a successful Buying Assistant? These are the traits we’re looking for.
- Detail Oriented
- Organizational Skills
- Takes Initiative
- Focuses on Quality
- Relationship Management
- Manages and Supports Projects
- We give every employee the ability to make decisions and communicate openly.
- Fostering a collaborative environment based on teamwork, mutual trust and respect.
- Our leaders will ensure you have all the tools necessary to be successful in the position.
- We encourage you to set high standards, to overcome obstacles and to challenge yourself to achieve the best results.
As a Buying Assistant at ALDI, you’ll have the chance to make an impact on our success as we continue to grow. As our business evolves, so will your opportunities to expand your knowledge and skills. We encourage all employees to reach out to their Direct Leader about their interests and career goals.
The Buying Assistant’s job is very exciting, fast paced and challenges your problem solving and project management skills. Every day is something different, which is what I love about this job.– Lauren,
When you join our team, we make sure you’re covered. From pay to training to insurance, there’s tons of perks with an ALDI career.
New Product Development
Your ideas and solutions can play a vital role in our success.
Paid Vacation, Sick and Holiday Time
This is where your hard work pays off.
Nursing Mother Rooms
Enjoy the comfort and privacy of our Nursing Mother Rooms.
Building the team extends beyond the work place with exciting team outings.
From Top Workplaces to Forbes and more - we're a winning team.
Retirement Savings and Match
401k plan with 5% company match to the retirement savings plan.
In our corporate offices in Batavia, IL, and in our divisional headquarters around the country, you’ll find some of the best and brightest minds in the business making big plans for our future.
We're Stocking Our Shelves With Awards!
From “employer of choice” awards to product awards, ALDI continues to be recognized year after year!
View Recent Aldi Awards
Discover where you can make an impact on our Corporate Buying team.
See more roles
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Corporate Buying is the team dedicated to acquiring the goods that our ALDI customers count on. Beyond working to secure quality products at the lowest possible prices through our Buying and support teams (Administration, Pricing / E-commerce, Merchandising, Market Research and Analytics), our teams ensure we are providing the best value and quality in everything we do.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $24.00/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Responsible for various computer applications, such as database management, report generation, or word processing.
• Creates, maintains, and enters information into the department software.
• Manages multiple projects at once by prioritizing, setting deadlines, and coordinating the flow of information internally and/or externally.
• Provides training to new staff and contributes to committee or team work.
• Maintains leader’s calendar by arranging and coordinating meetings/appointments.
• Performs routine administrative and clerical duties such as answering phones, preparing documents, maintaining files and processing paperwork.
• Provides recommendations for changes or improvements on operating or training procedures and seeks further training on areas if needed.
• Processes replies, research, and/or draft reports to handle all inquiries within capacity in a timely manner.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Associate's Degree in Business or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Projects a positive image of the business.
• Understand, recognize and effectively manage challenges by proactively working to decrease their impact and frequency of occurring.
• Maintains a positive attitude and contributes to a positive working environment.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Creates and/or adheres to a standard procedure, routine, template, or checklist to accomplish assigned tasks efficiently and on time.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Active listening skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Position requires sitting for extended periods of time and occasional lifting up to 30 lbs.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.