Corporate Buying Alcohol Manager - Batavia, IllinoisDate posted 09/27/2017 Apply Now
Corporate Buying Alcohol Manager
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your Employment Application by clicking Apply.
We are seeking a highly motivated, strategic Alcohol Manager to join our growing ALDI Corporate Buying team. This dynamic individual will manage administrative functions and communication with new and existing alcohol suppliers, as well as, distribution networks in order to develop the sales and profitability of the company. The ideal candidate is results-oriented and able to effectively lead their team to success.
Key Job Responsibilities, Duties and Tasks
- Manage and develop team through delegation and supervision of work
- Research and analyze data, trends, and market changes to be used in negotiation, decision making, planning, and forecasting to enable leadership to make decisions based on key analytical drivers
- Make recommendations on costs, the listing and delisting of suppliers and products, quantities, contract duration, and retails
- Manage distribution networks by eliminating out of stock products in order to increase sales
- Maintain positive relationship with internal personnel and external suppliers and locate additional suppliers where necessary
- Analyze work procedures with the objective of driving simplicity and effectiveness
Job Related Expectations and Skills Needed
- Strong track record of leading, mentoring, and developing a team to ensure an efficient and co-operative working environment
- Extensive knowledge of the Alcohol industry as it relates to product distribution
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively across many levels of the business
- Strategic and critical thinker with high emphasis in accuracy and urgency
- Ability to prepare executive-level recommendations and reports
- Demonstrates initiative and cooperation
- Effective organization skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Advance skill level in Microsoft Office
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field and a minimum of 5 years’ experience within the alcohol industry, most recent experience should be with alcohol distributors in category management or supply chain management.
ALDI provides, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, short term and long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, retirement savings plans, vacation days and paid holidays.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.