Corporate Buying Assistant - Batavia, IllinoisDate posted 12/06/2018 Apply Now
Corporate Buying Assistant
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your application by clicking Apply. Get started now by downloading and saving our Employment Application.
As a leader in the grocery retailing industry, ALDI believes in providing the best value to our customers by ensuring the highest quality products at the lowest possible prices every day. ALDI operates more than 1,800 store locations in 35 states and we are growing faster than ever before! By 2022, we plan to expand to 2,500 stores nationwide allowing more opportunities to join our award-winning office team. Come see what’s waiting for you at ALDI!
We are seeking a motivated, results-driven Buying Assistant to join our growing ALDI Corporate Buying team. This dynamic individual will support the Buying Director while working closely with vendors. The ideal candidate will have exceptional time management and organization skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Buying Director to oversee the product life cycle of a sub-group of products
- Act as a liaison between the Buying Director and vendors while maintaining positive vendor relationships
- Responsible for various computer applications, database management, report generation and tracking spreadsheets
- Request and obtain product samples from vendors
- Organize, draft, and manage company documents in paper and electronic files
- Prepare materials for Buying Director for vendor meetings and/or product samplings
- Maintain Buying Director’s calendar by coordinating and scheduling calls, appointments, meetings and/or travel arrangements
- Strategic problem solver with high emphasis in accuracy, urgency and efficiency
- A self-starter with the ability to prioritize duties among multiple, concurrent projects
- Professional and effective communication, both verbal and written
- Demonstrates initiative and cooperation
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs with or without reasonable accommodations
Associates Degree in related field preferred and 3 years progressive experience or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. Related fields/experience may include, but not limited to: Project Coordinator, Assistant Buyer, Associate Buyer, Project Administrator
ALDI provides, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, short term and long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, retirement savings plans, vacation and sick days after 90 days employment and paid holidays.
Full-time office position, Monday thru Friday with set day time hours.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.