Corporate Buying Market Research and Analytics Manager - Batavia, IllinoisDate posted 09/27/2017 Apply Now
Corporate Buying Market Research and Analytics Manager
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your Employment Application by clicking Apply.
We are seeking a strategic, data-driven individual with strong analytical and communication skills to join our growing ALDI Corporate Buying Team. This individual will lead analytics, planning, forecasting and media analysis efforts in order to develop the sales and profitability of the Company. The ideal candidate is results-oriented and able to effectively lead their team to success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop team through delegation and supervision of work
- Leverage shopper insights, market data and internal data to guide category assortment decisions, merchandising opportunities and marketing programs
- Marketing liaison for corporate buying team, leading coordination of communication as related to market research and analytics initiatives
- Manage process of analyzing competitive data as well as competition program including ad hoc requests as well as regular updates on competition advertising, initiatives, etc.
- Develop, recommend, execute and present qualitative and quantitative market research programs
- Oversee regular research programs such as tracking consumer brand sentiment as well as ad-hoc projects on an as needed basis
- Manage portion of the annual marketing budget as well as overseeing proper cost control on miscellaneous research programs
- Oversee analysis on companywide initiatives yielding actionable insights such as ROI and sales/customer count growth
- Maintain positive relationships with internal personnel and external suppliers/vendors
- Analyze work procedures with the objective of driving simplicity and effectiveness
- Strong track record of leading, mentoring and developing a team to ensure an efficient and cooperative working environment(Min 3 years’ experience)
- Strategic and critical thinker with high emphasis in accuracy and urgency
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively across many levels of a business
- Effective organization skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to prepare executive level recommendations and reports
- Demonstrates initiative and cooperation
- Ability to negotiate and form consensus among various parties
- Exhibits advanced skill level with Excel (including VBA), Access, and PowerPoint, as well as experience with SQL queries and an understanding of SSRS reporting to support data management, report creation and analytics preferred
BS/BA degree in market research, analytics or a related field and 3+ years total work experience in a role related to market research and/or analytics.
ALDI provides, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, short term and long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, retirement savings plans, vacation days, and paid holidays.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.