Corporate Buying Merchandising Assistant - Batavia, IllinoisDate posted 12/06/2018 Apply Now
Corporate Buying Merchandising Assistant
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your application by clicking Apply. Get started now by downloading and saving our Employment Application.
As a leader in the grocery retailing industry, ALDI believes in providing the best value to our customers by ensuring the highest quality products at the lowest possible prices every day. ALDI operates more than 1,800 store locations in 35 states and we are growing faster than ever before! By 2022, we plan to expand to 2,500 stores nationwide allowing more opportunities to join our award-winning office team. Come see what’s waiting for you at ALDI!
We are seeking a motivated, results-driven Merchandising Assistant to join our growing ALDI Corporate Buying team. This individual will support the Merchandising Department, Buying Department and Store Teams by providing comprehensive and professional merchandising support with a strong focus in Spaceman. The ideal candidate will have excellent time management skills, attention to detail and previous experience with planogram software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all merchandising plans are profitable, operationally efficient, customer focused and appropriate in terms of product mix, style and the trading environment of our stores
- Develop, build and maintain accurate product databases ensuring all product dimensions and images are up to date and live in the database at all times
- Develop, build and maintain planograms utilizing the Spaceman Professional software
- Maintain various product categories and checklane sets within Spaceman
- Ensure all planograms are updated based on specific promotions and deadlines throughout the year
- Review planogram performance and space allocations by providing reports and analysis to the Merchandising Manager
- Strategic problem solver with high emphasis in accuracy, urgency and efficiency
- Demonstrates initiative
- Exceptional organization and time management
- Professional and effective communication, both verbal and written
- Strong computer/technical Skills
- Ability to follow direction and adhere to company policy and procedures
Associate’s Degree preferred and minimum 3-4 years work experience in office setting. 1-3 years’ experience with Merchandising and/or Spaceman Shelf Management software. Related fields/experience may include, but not limited to: Spaceman, Nielsen, AutoCAD.
ALDI provides, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, short term and long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, retirement savings plans, vacation and sick days after 90 days employment and paid holidays.
Full-time office position, Monday thru Friday with set daytime hours.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.