Corporate Buying Merchandising Manager - Batavia, IllinoisDate posted 09/27/2017 Apply Now
Corporate Buying Merchandising Manager
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your Employment Application by clicking Apply.
We are seeking an ambitious, data-driven Merchandising Manager to join our growing ALDI Corporate Buying team. This dynamic individual will focus on macro floor plan analysis, as well as, analyze merchandising sets and maintain planograms for ALDI stores in order to maximize sales/profits. The ideal candidate is results-oriented and able to effectively lead their team to success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop team through delegation and supervision of work
- Maintain positive relationships with internal personnel and external suppliers/vendors
- Analyze work procedures with the objective of driving simplicity and effectiveness
- Develop a process to Analyze ALDI store layouts and improve profitability
- Utilize Nielsen’s Spaceman software to maintain planograms of ALDI store layout
- Review and analyze planogram performance and space allocations to create proposals for executives
- Ensure all floorplans and merchandising plans are profitable, operationally efficient, customer focused and appropriate in terms of product mix, style and the trading environment of ALDI stores
- Strong track record of leading, mentoring and developing a team to ensure an efficient and cooperative working environment
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively across many levels of the business
- Strategic and critical thinker with high emphasis in accuracy and urgency
- Ability to interpret and prepare executive level recommendations based on analytical and data-driven reports
- Demonstrates initiative and cooperation
- Effective organization skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Knowledge of merchandising practices, retail/CPG preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD and Floor planning software.
- Experience with Nielsen’s Spaceman software or similar merchandising software
BS/BA degree in a related field preferred and 3 – 5 years progressive experience managing direct reports; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
ALDI provides, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, short term and long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, retirement savings plans, vacation days, and paid holidays.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.