Corporate Buying Produce Manager - Batavia, IllinoisDate posted 09/27/2017 Apply Now
Corporate Buying Produce Manager
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your Employment Application by clicking Apply.
We are seeking a dedicated, ambitious Produce Manager to join our ALDI Corporate Buying team. This dynamic individual will prepare buying recommendations in order to develop the sales and profitability of the company by utilizing market information, quality, and logistical considerations. The ideal candidate is results-oriented and able to effectively lead their team to success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and develop team through delegation and supervision of work
- Research and analyze data, trends, and market changes to be used in negotiation, decision making, planning, and forecasting to enable leadership to make decisions based on key analytical drivers
- Make recommendations on costs, the listing and delisting of suppliers and products, quantities, contract duration, and retails
- Communicate with distribution centers to ensure timely and efficient information flow
- Maintain positive relationship with internal personnel and external suppliers
- Analyze work procedures with the objective of driving simplicity and effectiveness
- Strong track record of leading, mentoring, and developing a team to ensure an efficient and co-operative working environment
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively across many levels of the business
- Strategic and critical thinker with high emphasis in accuracy and urgency
- Ability to prepare executive-level recommendations and reports
- Demonstrates initiative and cooperation
- Effective organization skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Advance skill level in Microsoft Office
- Experience working at both store and corporate levels, preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field and a minimum of 5 years’ experience within the produce industry, most recent experience should be with produce growers or distributors in category management or supply chain management.
ALDI provides, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, short term and long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, retirement savings plans, vacation days and paid holidays.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.