Corporate Buying Public Relations Assistant - Corporate Communications - Batavia, IllinoisDate posted 12/06/2018 Apply Now
Corporate Buying Public Relations Assistant - Corporate Communications
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your application by clicking Apply. Get started now by downloading and saving our Employment Application.
As a leader in the grocery retailing industry, ALDI believes in providing the best value to our customers by ensuring the highest quality products at the lowest possible prices every day. ALDI operates more than 1,800 store locations in 35 states and we are growing faster than ever before! By 2022, we plan to expand to 2,500 stores nationwide allowing more opportunities to join our award-winning office team. Come see what’s waiting for you at ALDI!
We are seeking a highly motivated, results-driven PR Assistant to join our growing ALDI Public Relations team. This dynamic individual will support divisions with integrated communications marketing, media relations, special projects and administrative duties. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, highly organized and demonstrates the ability to make recommendations based upon research and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and carry out public relations strategy that increases the visibility of ALDI in the community that ultimately drives store traffic and sales
- Work with PR agency and internal teams to develop and review integrated communications marketing plans
- Ensure PR plans and media materials align with business expectations and priorities
- Implement and oversee local community, dignitary and media relations by writing and managing various supporting materials, including media advisories and executive talking points
- Dedication to developing a deep understanding of the ALDI business model and growth investment
- Accountable for knowing store-level business needs and constraints, as well as critical regional information, including store numbers, grand openings, hiring events, major DMA media outlets and contacts, etc.
- Build rapport with various internal teams and external partners
- Support manager in supervising budget, allocating funds for different programs
- Exceptional organizational, problem solving and time management skills
- Strategic and critical thinker with high emphasis in accuracy and urgency
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent writing, proofing and editorial skills
- Professional and effective communication, both verbal and written
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Agency experience preferred
Associates Degree in related field preferred and 1-2 years progressive experience or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. Related fields/experience may include, but not limited to: Marketing Coordinator, Meeting Event Assistant, Public Relations Specialist, Associate Account Executive
ALDI provides, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, short term and long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, retirement savings plans, vacation and sick days after 90 days employment and paid holidays.
Full-time office position, Monday through Friday with set daytime hours.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.