Corporate Buying Quality Assurance Manager - Non-Food - Batavia, IllinoisDate posted 10/06/2017 Apply Now
Corporate Buying Quality Assurance Manager - Non-Food
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your Employment Application by clicking Apply.
We are seeking a dedicated, ambitious Quality Assurance Manager to join our ALDI Corporate Buying team. This dynamic individual will support the Quality Assurance Director in the development, implementation, and management of quality assurance systems and processes to assist in meeting departmental goals and company standards for non-food products. The ideal candidate is results-oriented and able to effectively lead their team to success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop team through delegation and supervision of work
- Provide oversight of quality assessments for non-food consumer goods products
- Analyze third-party test results, audits, plant inspections, non-food product complaints and make recommendations as appropriate
- Collaborate with Buying Directors to develop testing requirements across relevant non-food product groups, ensure compliance with all legal requirements, and keep non-food product specifications up to date
- Inform Quality Assurance Director of technical, legislative, and quality matters within area of responsibility
- Maintain positive relationships with internal personnel and external suppliers/vendors
- Analyze work procedures with the objective of driving simplicity and effectiveness
- Create and implement new procedures to ensure non-food product quality
- Strong track record of leading, mentoring, and developing a team to ensure an efficient and co-operative working environment
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively across many levels of the business
- Strategic and critical thinker with high emphasis in accuracy and urgency
- Ability to prepare executive-level recommendations and reports
- Demonstrates initiative and cooperation
- Effective organization skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Work, Outlook)
- Lab Information Management System (LIMS) experience preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, or related field and a minimum of 5 years progressive experience within the Quality Assurance function (R&D, Consumer Goods Manufacturing, Product Safety); or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
ALDI provides, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, short term and long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, retirement savings plans, vacation and paid holidays.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.