Corporate Buying Quality Assurance Manager - Produce - Batavia, IllinoisDate posted 12/06/2018 Apply Now
Corporate Buying Quality Assurance Manager - Produce
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your Employment Application by clicking Apply.
As a leader in the grocery retailing industry, ALDI believes in providing the best value to our customers by ensuring the highest quality products at the lowest possible prices every day. ALDI operates more than 1,800 store locations in 35 states and we are growing faster than ever before! By 2022, we plan to expand to 2,500 stores nationwide allowing more opportunities to join our award-winning office team. Come see what’s waiting for you at ALDI!
We are seeking a dedicated, ambitious Quality Assurance Manager to join our growing ALDI Corporate Buying Team. This dynamic individual will support the QA Director in the development, implementation, and management of quality assurance systems and processes to assist the Produce Buying Department. The ideal candidate is results-oriented and able to effectively lead their team to success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and develop team through delegation and supervision of work
- Maintain positive relationships with internal personnel and external suppliers/vendors
- Develop and maintain warehouse produce quality inspection procedures and processes
- Collaborate with Buying Directors to develop testing requirements across relevant product groups, ensuring compliance with all legal requirements, and keeping product specifications up to date
- Inform the Quality Assurance Director of technical, legislative and quality matters in their area of responsibility
- Investigate product complaints and make product withdrawal recommendations to the appropriate parties
- Advise on produce industry investigations and commission third-party test laboratories in a cost-effective manner
- Manage produce quality training program for new and existing employees, and conduct training as required
- Review quality data to identify and address quality issues and trends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge of USDA Grade Standards
- Familiarity with GFSI audit schemes and standards
- Regulatory knowledge of produce category (i.e. allowable pesticide residue levels, FSMA implications, etc.)
- Knowledge of various growing regions for produce and the seasonality of each
- Technical knowledge in product evaluation techniques
- Previous retail, distributor and/or agricultural experience preferred
- Previous management experience preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Willingness to travel as required
Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Food and Nutrition, Public Health, Engineering or related field and a minimum of 5 years progressive experience within the Quality Assurance function; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. Related fields/experience may include, but not limited to: Food Safety, Food Regulation, Quality Control
ALDI provides medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, short term and long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, retirement savings plans, vacation and paid holidays.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.