Corporate Buying Quality Assurance Manager - Regulatory - Batavia, IllinoisDate posted 09/27/2017 Apply Now
Corporate Buying Quality Assurance Manager - Regulatory
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your Employment Application by clicking Apply.
We are seeking an independent, detail-oriented Quality Assurance Regulatory Manager to join our growing ALDI Corporate Buying Team. This dynamic individual will be the primary liaison to provide domestic and international regulatory documentation and guidance to the department and distribution systems. The ideal candidate is results oriented and able to effectively lead their team to success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop team through delegation and supervision of work
- Develop, implement, and monitor compliance with the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP)
- Develop, implement and maintain ALDI HACCP program
- Lead the preparation and submission of documentation to regulatory agencies and other external bodies required to respond to regulatory inquiries, product claims, import/exports and general issues
- Apply experience and expertise in conjunction with ALDI policies to review and assure faultless compliance
- Research regulatory issues and identify opportunities of existing regulations and guidance
- Interface with legal and regulators regarding recalls, licensing, food safety and concerns
- Maintain positive relationships with internal personnel and external suppliers/vendors
- Analyze work procedures with the objective of driving simplicity and effectiveness
- Strong track record of leading, mentoring, and developing a team to ensure an efficient and co-operative working environment
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively across many levels of the business
- Strategic and critical thinker with high emphasis in accuracy and urgency
- Ability to prepare executive-level recommendations and reports
- Demonstrates initiative and cooperation
- Effective organization skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Food and Nutrition, Public Health, Engineering or related field and a minimum of 5 years progressive experience within the Quality Assurance function; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
ALDI provides, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, short term and long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, retirement savings plans, vacation and paid holidays.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.