Corporate Buying Quality Assurance Specialist - Non-Food - Batavia, IllinoisDate posted 09/27/2017 Apply Now
Corporate Quality Assurance Specialist - Non-Food
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your Employment Application by clicking Apply.
We are seeking an independent, detail-oriented Quality Assurance Specialist to join our growing ALDI Corporate Buying Team. This data-driven individual will review non-perishable products and third-party testing reports in order to make recommendations based off of quality assessment. The ideal candidate has experience with quality assurance testing and third-party testing vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze report information to maintain and improve quality of all non-perishable products, including safety, performance, sensory, and physical attributes and communicate results to buying teams
- Provide recommendations based on product evaluations to buying teams in order to make decisions on releasing or rejecting shipments
- Create reports for product specifications and national brand comparisons
- Communicate necessary product changes to keep product specification up-to-date and ensure quality
- Liaise with external vendors in regards to quality assurance evaluations and test results to confirm correctness and credibility
- Inform QA Manager of technical, legislative and quality matters within area of responsibility
- Experience in conducting technical and quality investigations in order to create reports for product specifications and national brand comparisons
- A self-starter with the ability to prioritize duties among multiple, concurrent projects
- Strategic problem solver with high emphasis in accuracy, urgency and efficiency
- Professional and effective communication, both verbal and written
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Microbiology, Chemistry, and other Applied Sciences and 2 years of progressive experience (Food Safety, Quality, R&D, Manufacturing, Product Safety) or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
ALDI provides, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, short term and long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, retirement savings plans, vacation and sick days after 90 days employment and paid holidays.
Full-time office position, Monday thru Friday with set daytime hours.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.