Corporate Buying Quality Assurance Specialist - Produce - Batavia, IllinoisDate posted 09/27/2017 Apply Now
Corporate Buying Quality Assurance Specialist - Produce
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your Employment Application by clicking Apply.
We are seeking an independent, detail-oriented Quality Assurance Specialist to join our growing ALDI Corporate Buying Team. This data-driven individual will review products within our fresh produce category and make recommendations based off of quality assessments. The ideal candidate has experience with fresh produce, quality assurance testing and third-party testing reports/vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct Quality Assurance evaluations and communicate report findings to appropriate personnel within the Corporate Buying department
- Review food safety audits, certificates and corrective action reports to ensure compliance with ALDI’s food safety audit requirements
- Support the Corporate Buying department by providing fresh produce expertise in order to promote efficient product development
- Act as a liaison between external vendors and the Corporate Buying department in regards to technical Quality Assurance evaluations and/or test results to ensure correctness and credibility
- Conduct quality investigations and create reports for fresh produce specifications and national brand comparisons
- Inform Quality Assurance Manager of technical, legislative and quality matters within area of responsibility
- Prepare reports, presentations and materials for the Quality Assurance department
- Knowledge of the fresh produce commodity
- Professional and effective communication, both verbal and written
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Strategic problem solver with high emphasis in accuracy, urgency and efficiency
- A self-starter with the ability to prioritize duties among multiple, concurrent projects
- Ability to follow direction and adhere to company policy and procedures
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- HACCP and FSMA PCQI training or certification, preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Engineering, Physics, Microbiology, Chemistry, and other Applied Sciences and 2 years of progressive experience (Food Safety, Quality, R&D, Manufacturing, Product Safety) or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
ALDI provides, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, short term and long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, retirement savings plans, vacation and sick days after 90 days employment and paid holidays.
Full-time office position, Monday thru Friday with set daytime hours.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.