Corporate Buying Sampling Chef I - Batavia, IllinoisDate posted 09/27/2017 Apply Now
Corporate Sampling Chef I
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your Employment Application by clicking Apply.
We are seeking a spirited, team-oriented individual to fill our entry level Chef Position. They will work collaboratively with a team to support the Sampling Kitchen with daily preparation of product samples for sensory evaluation to support the Buying team. This individual will cook product samples per the cooking instructions provided by the supplier submitting during numerous samplings throughout the day. The ideal candidate has a strong ability to work well within a team environment as well as executes assigned tasks independently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares a wide range of food products with cooking instructions provided by supplier submission, oftentimes, in high volumes and in a fast-paced environment
- Contributes to the work of the team as delegated by a Chef II to ensure products are prepared on time, and neatly displayed
- Organizes and consolidates product samples in preparation for daily samplings, per ALDI sampling procedures
- Supplies sampling information to a Chef II to prepare a detailed sampling plan
- Provides data entry support and miscellaneous clerical responsibilities throughout the ALDI sampling process
- Must be comfortable preparing meals for groups of people exceeding 50, independently, and within a defined timeframe
- Provides feedback related to cooking instructions and product packaging, as needed to Buying teams
- Provides culinary support at events hosted at the corporate campus
- Able to work collaboratively with a team as well as complete tasks independently
- Receptive to receiving instruction from peers as well as management
- Professional demeanor with effective communication both verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications specifically, Word and Excel
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to apply learned skills quickly
- Strong ability to multi-task while demonstrating attention to detail
High School Diploma or GED preferred, Culinary Certificate and 1-3 years progressive experience, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
ALDI provides, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, short term and long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, retirement savings plans, vacation and sick days after 90 days employment and paid holidays.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.