Corporate Responsibility Assistant - Community - Batavia, IllinoisDate posted 12/06/2018 Apply Now
Corporate Responsibility Assistant - Community
For consideration, please email your resume and/or your application by clicking Apply. Get started now by downloading and saving our Employment Application.
As a leader in the grocery retailing industry, ALDI believes in providing the best value to our customers by ensuring the highest quality products at the lowest possible prices every day. ALDI operates more than 1,800 store locations in 35 states and we are growing faster than ever before! By 2022, we plan to expand to 2,500 stores nationwide allowing more opportunities to join our award-winning office team. Come see what’s waiting for you at ALDI!
We are seeking an independent, detail-oriented Corporate Responsibility Assistant to join our ALDI Corporate Buying Team. This dynamic individual will support the Corporate Responsibility department to achieve goals related to ALDI initiatives within supply chain resources and customers. The ideal candidate has excellent time management and organization skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for various computer applications, database management, report generation and tracking spreadsheets
- Liaise between ALDI and nonprofit organizations while maintaining positive relationships
- Respond to community request for donations, maintaining accurate files and records
- Compile and communicate monthly reports to internal stakeholders and select community partners
- Prepare reports, presentations and materials for the Corporate Responsibility department
- Research and analyze community non-profit organization trends in employee engagement and grant making
- Share and discuss research and trends with the Corporate Responsibility department
- Assist the development and maintenance of efficient systems and documentation
- Strategic problem solver with high emphasis in accuracy, urgency and efficiency
- A self-starter with the ability to prioritize duties among multiple, concurrent projects
- Professional and effective communication, both verbal and written
- Demonstrates initiative and cooperation
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Graphic design and web application experience preferred
- Strong ability to research and synthesis results
Associates Degree in business, communications, marketing or sustainability related area preferred and/or 3 years progressive experience or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. Related fields/experience may include, but not limited to: Community Associate, Citizenship Assistant, Employee Engagement Coordinator.
ALDI provides, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, short term and long-term disability insurance, group life insurance, retirement savings plans, vacation and sick days after 90 days employment and paid holidays.
Full-time office position, Monday thru Friday with set day time hours. Attend occasional offsite community events outside normal business hours.
ALDI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.