Corporate Responsibility Specialist - Human Rights
1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
Have a passion for doing what’s right? So do we. Because we don’t just keep our prices low. We’re also using our innovations to lessen the impact of our practices. In the past couple of years, we’ve sponsored health and wellness programs, embraced solar power and so much more. On our Corporate Responsibility team, it’s as much about protecting our planet as it is our people – and your work will help do just that.
In this role the Corporate Responsibility Specialist - Human Rights will be responsible for projects and programs that support the advancement of human rights due diligence programs and services across many supply chains by working with buying teams, suppliers, consultants and other subject matter experts. The ideal candidate will have prior human rights experience, including knowledge of supply chains and legal obligations, along with the ability to manage complex programs that require communicating effectively with multi-stakeholders. An educational background in project management, business, human rights and supply chain management is desired.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Batavia, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Collaborates with leadership to make decisions on programs and services to support human rights objectives, while handling escalated social and environmental issues, and promoting efficient implementation of department initiatives.
• Informs management of impending legislative, sustainability, and social matters.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Supports direct leader in the development of training programs and is responsible for delivery of training to all impacted employees.
• Manages reporting requirements and ensures accurate submission to stakeholders.
• Maintains Corporate Responsibility programs and procedures in conjunction with management.
• Conducts extensive research within area of responsibility and creates reports/summaries on the appropriate course of action to take.
• Analyzes data and makes recommendations to leadership on new programs that could be implemented to address emerging trends.
• Develops and maintains knowledge and understanding of Corporate Responsibility industry trends.
• Maintains full knowledge of, and supports further development of, the company’s Corporate Responsibility policies, goals, and key performance indicators (national and international).
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Focuses on Quality: Takes an efficient, analytical approach to solve problems or produce outputs in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures quality and accuracy of results.
• Manages and Supports Projects: Effectively plans, executes and supports project needs to support management and the larger ALDI business.
• Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic, efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and accuracy of results.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to analyze data and make recommendations based on findings.
• Knowledge of products and services of the company.
Education and Experience:
• Associate degree in Business, Economics, Sustainability, Supply Chain or a related field required.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Corporate Responsibility required.
• Project management experience preferred.
• Or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Domestic travel required.
• Up to 10%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up