Director Buying - Quality AssuranceLocation Batavia, IL, USA, 60510 Apply Now
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Ready to lead an award-winning team? As an ALDI executive, you are responsible for driving and implementing the key initiatives that keep our customers happy and ensure our business model evolves with the needs of the company. Immerse yourself in a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement with our growing and thriving organization.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Reviews quality data to identify and address quality issues and trends.
• Authorizes all vacation and business trips for the department managers of his/her area of responsibility.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to department managers to assure desired results.
• Contributes to the International QA Committee and participates in special Committees as required.
• Oversees and directs Sampling Kitchen Manager to ensure appropriate purchasing, preparation, and presentation of products during sampling.
• Develops and reports initiatives relating to Quality Assurance and Sampling Kitchen departments.
• Decides on the management and organization of the Quality Assurance and Sampling Kitchen departments.
• Develops new initiatives to improve efficiency and quality of Sampling.
• Serves as a communication liaison between department managers and upper management to assure understanding of Corporate Buying goals, objectives and opportunities for improvement.
• Establishes and communicates procedures and standards within Quality Assurance and Sampling Kitchen departments.
• Oversees the appropriate resolution of serious customer concerns.
• Oversees and directs Quality Assurance Managers to ensure department goals and initiatives are being achieved and proper support is being provided to the Buying team.
• Manages and communicates ALDI protocol with testing agencies and third party auditors.
• Maintains QA procedures and standards for core range and seasonal Buying items.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required; Food Science or related discipline preferred.
• 2-3 years of experience at director level.
• Extensive experience in evaluation of food products and processing.
• Extensive experience with food safety and regulatory compliance.
• Extensive experience in program development and laboratory testing methods.
• Experience with finished product specification and product evaluation techniques.
• HACCP Certified.
• FSMA Certified.
• 10+ years of experience in retail and/or manufacturing food safety/quality assurance preferred.
• 10+ years of experience leading national food safety and quality assurance teams preferred.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong technical knowledge of USDA Grade Standards.
• Extensive knowledge of national and international GFSI audit schemes and standards.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Willingness to travel as required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.