1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
We're not just expanding our footprint across the country. We're also growing across the web, which allows our customers to buy our products faster and more conveniently than ever before. And from planning to pricing, it's our E-Commerce team that keeps our digital strategy in motion. Help us blaze bold new trails and find innovative ways to connect our customers to quality products.
Customer Interaction (CI) at ALDI describes our approach to attracting, converting and retaining customers. These align to the main business areas of CI: Marketing, Customer Services, eCommerce and Digital Presence, across all business channels. Customer behaviors are rapidly changing; and the CI ALDI team is responsible to meet our high customer expectations and define our strategy. The CI department is a quickly changing area for ALDI domestically and internationally. This ALDI role will require flexibility, agility, ability to deal with ambiguity, a drive for success, and previous experience that will help the ideal candidate excel in a fast paced, changing environment.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Manages and builds brand new global and national online strategies.
• Lead a team that builds a seamless UX (user experience) for our customers.
• Influences the overarching company strategy and works to influence processes while modelling the core values of the organization.
• Advocates data-informed decision making while comfortable running a team that works closely with developers and evolving business needs.
• Establishes professional relationships and promotes a positive team atmosphere throughout the organization, bringing together different teams and departments to create a sense of teamwork and membership among coworkers and direct reports.
• Leads cost-saving initiatives and improves processes to maintain ALDI competitive advantages.
• Define and refine optimal pick, pack and ship workflows.
• Utilize Customer Lifetime Value models to recommend and execute strategic business decisions.
• Responsible for achieving high and low level KPIs.
• Focus of omnichannel customer expectations.
• Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
• Recruits and recommends qualified employees for a team of 5-10 direct reports.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
• Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
• Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, eCommerce, Marketing, Data Science or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in eCommerce, Market Research, and retail operations.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Experience managing OMS (Order Management System) and WMS (Warehouse Management System) solutions.
• Held a leadership role for 3-5 years.
• Comfort managing and delegating ambiguous projects under agile working best practices.
• Ability to meet quick deadlines and fast turnarounds.
• Knowledge of eCommerce logistics, fulfillment, best practices, and industry advancements.
• Understanding of customer facing front-end solutions and API connections to back-end.
• Understanding conversion funnels while maximizing conversion optimization & minimizing bounce rates.
• Familiarity with CMS (Content Management Systems) and CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
• Ability to develop direct reports, harnessing individual talents and advancing skillsets for the benefit of the team.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and performance of direct reports.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Prepares written material to meet audience and purpose.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.