1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Every year, our trucks travel millions of miles taking products from warehouse to store. Our Logistics team navigates all the challenges that comes with it. With a dedication to sustainability, you can help them find new ways to keep everything moving smoothly. As we expand, this is your chance to join a team where your hard work is guaranteed to make a difference.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Researches efforts to analyze transportation pricing data, including planning, forecasting, and providing recommendations to the Logistics Manager.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Applies advanced Microsoft Excel skills, in conjunction with the company database, to develop new strategies based off analysis of supply chain information.
• Executes supply chain and logistics forecasting and foresight within ALDI’s rapidly growing North American network.
• Performs analysis on pricing strategies, yielding actionable insights through data modeling and scenarios.
• Handles strategic transportation, vendor procurement, and performance management.
• Develops continuous improvement initiatives in areas such as mode exploration and sustainable transportation practices.
• Prepares and presents proposals to company executives across multiple departments and divisions.
• Completes ad-hoc projects as requested.
• Analyzes work processes with the objective of driving efficiency, service levels, and cost reduction.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Logistics or a related area.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Experience with data visualization tool Tableau preferred.
• Strategic and critical thinker with high emphasis in accuracy and urgency.
• A self-starter with the ability to prioritize duties among multiple and concurrent projects.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively across many levels of the business and work with cross-functional teams.
• Advanced skill level with Excel (including VBA), SQL Server, Access, and PowerPoint.
• Exceptional organizational, problem solving, project management and time management skills.
• Experience as a logistics or supply chain analyst, preferably in the food, beverage, and Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) vertical markets.
• Professional accreditations applicable to this job are preferred but not required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
- Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.