Logistics Assistant - Supply/Demand Planning
1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Every year, our trucks travel millions of miles taking products from warehouse to store. Our Logistics team navigates all the challenges that comes with it. With a dedication to sustainability, you can help them find new ways to keep everything moving smoothly. As we expand, this is your chance to join a team where your hard work is guaranteed to make a difference.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $23.10/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Responsible for tracking product availability.
• Works with our domestic coordinators to establish rates and provide efficient cost analysis if needed.
• Completes multiple projects simultaneously by prioritizing and setting deadlines.
• Conducts analysis of current product contracts to provide recommendations for order mode.
• Responsible for various computer applications, database management, report generation and tracking spreadsheets.
• Identifies, investigates and reports irregularities within contracts, inventories, pick-up points, inbound/outbound shipping errors, and supplier/3PW complaints.
• Maintains their leader’s calendar by coordinating and scheduling calls, appointments, meetings, and/or travel arrangements.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader and multiple teams in the business.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Associate's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Knowledge of or experience in the logistics industry, LTL, Transportation, Warehouse, and 3PL preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Advanced Excel knowledge including v-lookups, pivot tables, formulas.
• Proficient in typing and data entry.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
- Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.