Logistics Specialist - Supply Chain Analytics
1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Every year, our trucks travel millions of miles taking products from warehouse to store. Our Logistics team navigates all the challenges that comes with it. With a dedication to sustainability, you can help them find new ways to keep everything moving smoothly. As we expand, this is your chance to join a team where your hard work is guaranteed to make a difference.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Creates and manages complex Tableau dashboards to assist in driving business decisions.
• Reviews modeling assumptions and check data validity for transportation, warehousing, and supply chain areas.
• Collaborates cross-functionally with international supply chain teams.
• Analyzes supply chain data and make cost-savings and efficiency recommendations to management.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Applies data mining techniques, utilizing programs such as SQL, to extract actionable insights from large-scale, high-dimensional data.
• Leverages advanced Microsoft Excel skills, in conjunction with company databases, to develop new strategies based off analysis of supply chain information.
• Compiles data from disparate data sources, leveraging both qualitative and quantitative data, to build holistic views of supply chain network.
• Works cross-functionally with internal analytics teams to align analysis measurement methodologies and reporting strategies.
• Completes ad-hoc projects as requested.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Systems, or a related field.
• Experience creating complex Tableau dashboards required.
• Advanced Excel, SQL, and database skills required.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• 2+ years of experience in data analytics preferred.
• 1+ years of experience in logistics or transportation preferred.
• Experience with Alteryx and Llamasoft a plus.
• Experience in the food/beverage or consumer goods industry a plus.
• Thinks strategically and critically with high emphasis in accuracy and urgency.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at varying levels and work with cross-functional teams.
• A self-starter with the ability to prioritize duties among multiple, concurrent projects.
• Demonstrates initiative and cooperation.
• Advanced skill level in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.